Wanted: Vehicle Dock for Droid 4

We've always heard that there is no dumb question. Well, I'm a recent refugee from RIM's Blackberry World and new to 'Droid, so here is one: the only way I've loaded new apps is from the app store. If I download a 'Droid app to my desktop, how do I install it on my Droid 4?

We've always heard that there is no dumb question. Well, I'm a recent refugee from RIM's Blackberry World and new to 'Droid, so here is one: the only way I've loaded new apps is from the app store. If I download a 'Droid app to my desktop, how do I install it on my Droid 4?

Never a dumb question just one you dont know the answer to until you ask.

Here is a tutorial page on ways to install apps.

3 Ways to Install Applications On Android Without The Market

Outstanding. Thanks, Shatzy62. Perhaps I became spoiled with all the on-line documentation and books and such during my 4 1/2 years in the Blackberry world, which, alas, is in sad decline. FWISW, I'm most pleased with my Droid 4, and would not go back.

I have one, except I paid $20 more than you did (you lucky duck!) .... have only had it mounted for about an hour at a time, but tomorrow night I'll have it up for 3-4 hours. FWIIW, mine is for a Droid 4, but I suspect the mounting hardware is the same; the cell phone, however, is heaver with the D4 (I think). I dampen my finger and run it around the section pad -- then flip the lever. That sucker os ON the windshield. Caution: it may leave a little faint ring on the windshield if there is any dust on the windshield (yikes, I need a car wash!); once you dismount you'll want to wipe that clean, because it says to some dope-head "break in this care: there is a GPS unit therein and with it you can score a hit."

orange93 said:
I just ordered the Motorola Vehicle dock/ car kit, it was $35.70, if anyone has this dock please let me know. I'm curious if the suction piece will stay put in my car and actually hold up the phone? thanks!
Amazon.com: Motorola DROID RAZR Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Car Kit - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Hopefully you have a RAZR.. but yes I have the same dock only the D4 version and it works great. No matter how hot it gets inside my car its never fallen off. And I frequently get in my jeep with my radar detector just hanging by the cord haha

I just ordered the Motorola Vehicle dock/ car kit, it was $35.70, if anyone has this dock please let me know. I'm curious if the suction piece will stay put in my car and actually hold up the phone? thanks!
Amazon.com: Motorola DROID RAZR Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Car Kit - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

As another person has said Hope you have a Razr as the dock for the Razr and the D4 are very different. The D4 will NOT work with a Razr dock.

I'm switching to a universal cradle from Wilson with a cell phone repeater and and Wilson Trucker antenna. Good suction cup and an assortment of stick on and clips for most any installation.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Back