Welcome to the Droid 4 Forum!

TC_Mits

Reaction score
VZW Boardroom #1

[video=youtube;umrKjcriAps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umrKjcriAps[/video]

VZW Boardroom #2

[video=youtube;HZMGiiQr46Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=HZMGiiQr46Q[/video]

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I presume that means there's still no formal announcement.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The keyboard doesn't attract me at all. Seems like a downgrade if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID3

You're kidding, right? Just looking at it, you can already tell that it's the best keyboard to date on a Motorola Android device.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't get ur hopes up guys on a D4 release anytime soon. A Verizon phone usually has a life in their system for 9 months then its out with old and in with the new. The D3 is to nice and if its selling good why would they drop the D4. I say its a spring release but that's just me.

Sent from my Moto Droid

I could see them pushing the D4 out sooner rather than later, as it's a 4G QWERTY device. Verizon is lacking those types of devices.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
You're kidding, right? Just looking at it, you can already tell that it's the best keyboard to date on a Motorola Android device.

Not without an ALT key. Putting symbols behind a 'sym' key is like going back to F-key numbers.

( By DX w/DF app. )

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I could see them pushing the D4 out sooner rather than later, as it's a 4G QWERTY device. Verizon is lacking those types of devices.

Nexus on black Friday. D4 mid-Dec.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
Not without an ALT key. Putting symbols behind a 'sym' key is like going back to F-key numbers.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Honestly the Droid 3's keyboard would've been perfect if the characters that are accessible by pushing SYM (with two button presses) could be accessed by an ALT keypress on the number keys. If then made it like that, the SYM key could've been a home or back key.

Last edited:

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
This is crazy and bad for us. Our phone value are becoming like cars. As soon as you drive the car out the dealer, it loses the value. They need to wait a little longer to the new releases.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

akhi216

Reaction score
Our phone value are becoming like cars. As soon as you drive the car out the dealer, it loses the value.

What can you find in cell phones or electronics that isn't like cars in that context?

If you come around to accepting fact that the smartphone industry is a fast-moving one that's easy to get left behind in and doesn't show any sign of slowing down anytime soon, you can understand that there are programs that are designed to help you keep up with them, like the Best Buy Buy Back Program and AMEX Premium Purchase Protection.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I really just can't understand why people like a physical keyboard, it may just be me but I just don't see the purpose of a touch screen if physical is used.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I really just can't understand why people like a physical keyboard, it may just be me but I just don't see the purpose of a touch screen if physical is used.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

You are probably a biblical typist, you know, "Seek and ye shall find." If you don't type on a full PC keybd by watching the monitor and not your fingers then a touch screen will be good enough for you. Buy a Nexus; you don't need this thread.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
What can you find in cell phones or electronics that isn't like cars in that context?

If you come around to accepting fact that the smartphone industry is a fast-moving one that's easy to get left behind in and doesn't show any sign of slowing down anytime soon, you can understand that there are programs that are designed to help you keep up with them, like the Best Buy Buy Back Program and AMEX Premium Purchase Protection.

I do not disagree with your point of view, however the Droid industry is a fast-moving product because of the different vendor that this industry carries (it's not a bad thing because we have a lot options). The only issue that I am seeing, is the fact that I am buying a new phone today and there is a new version of my phone tomorrow.

Sent from my AK47 Droid X using Tapatalk