What are you trying next?

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
So given the recent events, what Rom will you be trying next. I am asking in the DT thread b/c I figure we all love his work and will be looking for something similar. This is not a thread to say "I am not going to try anything else" if you are deciding to stick with Axiom 2.4 that is fine, I can't blame you, I just want to know what you plan on moving on too.

It's hard to stick with a rom with the knowledge that there is not more support for it.

So I ask again, those that love DT rom, what do you plan on trying next and if you tried other roms already is there one very similar to DT?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
probably sourcery. big fan of it on OG droid

Report back with your findings. I've decided to try out codename Android. D/l now, I too will report back.

There is only 1 rom I am unwilling to try/support.

Axium

Reaction score
will do, just waiting for the next stable release that would outshine axi0m 2.4.. don't wanna be flashing every day again. that was a lot of work lol. edit: what's the rom you don't want to try out? I dont wana try all those CM9 kangs.. atleast for a while anywho

Last edited:

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Project Elite, when it comes out, if not too long. Hopefully 2.4 lasts until then.

scott62185

Reaction score
I'm thinking I want to try codename Android as well. Had thought about Gummyjar Nexus...

catfisher

Reaction score
I too am thinking about Codename Android. Looks good and people like it. I am wondering if the support will even be comparable to Th3ory or if it doesn't require much updating right now.

I am concerned that no other ROMs right now have the overall community support and extra available mods readily available like Th3ory does. I hope someone becomes the front runner soon because right now there doesn't appear to be a clear favorite overall...damn shame...DT come back to us!!!

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I am running codename android and its a pretty awesome rom. Everything that Axiom had, it has as well. Battery life appears to be about the same, maybe actually a little better, but I have only been on it for 1 day so hard to tell.

The community is small right now, nut the dev gets back to you quickly and seems to be active in the forum. He's working on an update with a lot of "tweaks", should be out in a couple days.

I recommend you guys try it out, the more people that more over to codeandroid the better it will be.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Axium

Reaction score
seriously probably gonna try codenamedroid or gummy next, maybe in a couple of updates. digging the leankernel also.. just loaded up 1.6.4. wondering if the voltage settings really work in setcpu. think i'll tweak them out later when my battery gets fully charged

Last edited:

catfisher

Reaction score
I loaded Codename two days ago. Seems to be alright so far. Battery doesn't appear as good but I haven't replaced the kernel yet so maybe that will make a difference...we shall see.

The options are neat but that is all. It runs well overall and I haven't had any issues to report yet. I am still using Nova because no stock launcher can compete so far.

luv2golf

Reaction score
I loaded Codename two days ago. Seems to be alright so far. Battery doesn't appear as good but I haven't replaced the kernel yet so maybe that will make a difference...we shall see.

The options are neat but that is all. It runs well overall and I haven't had any issues to report yet. I am still using Nova because no stock launcher can compete so far.

Been running codenameandroid since it came out. Lots of options and has been pretty stable. Using Francos #12 kernal and get good battery life.

catfisher

Reaction score
May have to try that Franco kernel. People are constantly speaking well of it...might be worth a shot.

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
Im really eager to try out dianxin rom under the factor roms section. Just waiting for the titanium backup fix..love the lockscreen look the most

catfisher

Reaction score
They need to bring that lock screen over to Codename or when DT comes back...

ænyoc

Reaction score
I'm actually coming back to Axi0m next. My phone hasn't been as smooth, and my battery life hasn't been as good since I decided to flirt with the other ROMs out there (Axi0m: The only rom I've gone over 1 day without a charge, with moderate (3-4) hrs screen time, 4g on all the time).

I ran Gummynex for 2 days... had lots of skipping/jittering and that drove me crazy. Tried the Imoseyon & Franco kernel. Couldn't undervolt Franco... not that I think I would even want to since it was already having performance issues.

Am on my 2nd day of Codename. Even made sure to avoid Imoseyon's 1.6.0/1.6.1 releases that were draining battery. Still had bad battery life compared to Axi0m . Codename is coming along, but definitely not as polised as Axi0m was. (Homescreen app layout needs some work, some overlaps in 5x4 and landscape mode. CM auto brightness sensor doesn't function, so I can't set custom values, Widgets don't load right away when booting the phone, and for the first few minutes, the phone seems very sluggish.) To Codename's credit, there are some nice features that, if DT comes back, I hope he will look into integrating: LED Flash duration/interval/color, alternate to sleep (clock, slide show, animations... don't help battery life, but something I can use to show off, of if my phone is plugged in), up to 4 lockscreen apps w/custom messaging. However, this is all candy... battery life and the layout of the 1 app that gets used the most, home screen, trump all that, and Axi0m won hands down for me in those 2 areas.

So yeah. As soon as MasturMynd gets his blacked out theme fixed/uploaded, I'll be switching back... at least until the other roms have time to mature. If DT comes back before then, I probably won't give them another shot.