Why is the email feature so worthless?

ST1NG3R

Reaction score
The email alerts are awful on my Droid. The alerts never come up when I get new emails and then sometimes it will randomly give me multiple alerts about old mail I've read on my computer days ago... Is there something I'm missing here like a feature that needs to be turned on in order for it to alert me exactly when I get new emails? The email is really pointless and checking it through my browser is more effective. Maybe the problem is that I'm using Hotmail?

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I had slight problems with hotmail but you gotta remember that hotmail has its weird settings and we are on a google phone.

I personally just had gmail check my hotmial like a email client thru pop and have it copy and delete the messages from my hotmail. I rarely go to my hotmail and gmail and the DROID has labels on which email came from where

Mateles

Reaction score
I've got all of my email accounts going to 1 gmail account, and I don't have any issues with email on my Droid. Filters and labels are your friends.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use K-9 for my pop3 accounts and Gmail for my, well, Gemail account. No problems with mail retrieval or notifications.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try this. Turn the sync on your gmail to off. Then on your email setting set it to check every 5 minutes. That should eliminate double notification.

justbob

Reaction score
I've found that the e-mail app gets confused when switching from 3G to Wi-Fi and vice versa. Killing and restarting the app seems to make things right again.

JGard

Reaction score
I'm running GMail and then we have hosted Exchange for work, so I use the corporate email as well. I've not experienced any of the issues you've mentioned in your post.

It's likely a hotmail thing...dump it for Gmail already, will ya? :)

gentlefury

Reaction score
I've got all of my email accounts going to 1 gmail account, and I don't have any issues with email on my Droid. Filters and labels are your friends.

Same, I have about 12 email accounts that forward to gmail, I get them on my phone before my browser.

Why would you get a google phone and not use google mail? Seems like you should assume gmail would be more optimized.