Wifi not automatically connecting

rcs110

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm using Smart Actions to recognize my location. The trigger is based on what wireless network it connects to (only two defined, work and home). I don't have any smart actions to disable wifi.

The issue is, sometimes I will go from my car, into work. The WAP is literally sitting at my desk, yet my phone does not automatically cut over to wifi. I usually have to go to Settings>Wireless and turn Wifi back on. Then it works, and Smart Actions kicks in. The phone's battery has sufficient charge when this is happening. Any ideas? Is there a setting to force the phone to connect to the access point, when its in range? And is there another setting to prevent wifi from shutting off?

Thanks

I find that smart actions get confused when I manually toggle things like Bluetooth/wi-fi instead of letting smart actions do it

I have a car smart action that turns off wi-fi while in the car but when I pull into my driveway the phone detects my home network location and turns of Bluetooth, if i was to toggle Bluetooth or wi-fi manually smart actions would show an error and would not work correctly

also try setting a specific time trigger in addition to your to your location trigger and see if this makes any difference

I was having this problem until I downloaded "Verizon Wi-Fi Auto On".
Now Smart Actions work flawlessly.

I was having this problem until I downloaded "Verizon Wi-Fi Auto On".
Now Smart Actions work flawlessly.

+1 on the Verizon app.
It uses your cell location to turn wifi on or off.. I have home & work set and works awesome. Allowing smart actions to take over after.

----posted maxx'ed out----

I can't find that Verizon app. Is it under Verizon's App store? I'm still trying to navigate my way around this, its completely new to me.

Anyway, I've found that if I let the phone sit there for 5 or so minutes, it eventually connects. But then again, I came home tonight, and Wifi was turned off. I wonder if my Smart Actions for the car is causing it..hmmm

Back