Wifi Tether confirmed by me

gmmurphy

Reaction score
The guys at wifi-tether release a pre. it works fine on my xoom! bam take that VZ! I suggest donations to these guys, less than two days!

me as well. tethered the wife's old deactivated iPhone over an encrypted link. Fantastic.

The forum consensus is that built in reports to VZW but app does not. No proof though. I used the app all the time on OG Droid with no issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I posted my results in another thread as well, no luck on the encryption connection. I did set it to Galaxy LTE. But then again, I am kinda sick, so maybe I'm not quite w/ it.

Also... I can't tether an Android from it... only computers and idevices... thought that was a known issue... but others report they can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Awesome, works for me! Tried it with my OG Droid and it worked perfect. Now I'll need to test it out and my laptop and tablet.

If anyone is concerned with legal issues here... Apparently a formal complaint has already been filed with the FCC over Verizon "illegal" restriction of use on 4G networks. When Verizon (and others) bought rights to claim the spectrum it came with limitations. One of those was a restriction to not impose limits on devices and applications that use the data on the user end. Read more here...

Free Press complaint to FCC--Verizon and C Block

Back