Wireless Charging

NightAngel79

Reaction score
So Mark at HTCPedia posted a review of the Wireless Charging setup for the Rezound: HTC Rezound Wireless Charging Setupow does everyone feel about the battery door being that big? Will anyone choose to get this instead of a extended battery? Especially since both make the phone the same size.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Interesting post! Just another cool thing that this rezound is capable of.

OP
NightAngel79

NightAngel79

Reaction score
Interesting post! Just another cool thing that this rezound is capable of.

Yea, the feature seems really cool. Curious to know if people would rather just go with the extended battery though since they are the same size

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'm staying with my extended battery. I like the insurance of longer battery life. It's funny because I was going with the stock battery for a while, but something hit me and I had an epiphany. If the world is in a crisis of some sort, I don't want my phone to die on me quickly. So I'm going with the extended battery. Not a horrible feel actually. And as long as I like it, who cares what other people say about it.

I laugh at that epiphany though. It's like that laptop commercial when the guy needed a hard drive that can withstand alot of shock. Or else the world is going to be overtaken by zombies.

absolutjd

Reaction score
The contacts on my mini USB are shot. So I purchased the inductive charging back cover and the LG charging pad, as indicated by the verizon website. I put on the cover and set it on the pad. The pad indicates that it is "charging properly" but the phone does not indicate that it's charging, nor does it seem to take a charge. Am I doing something wrong? Is something faulty? Do I need to change a setting?

Bloodvyper

Reaction score
Identical problem

I am having an identical problem to you, to the point where it's almost uncanny.

I've owned an HTC Incredible 2 for the past 1.5ish years, and the port contacts died, making it unable to charge via the port.

So I bought Verizon's current inductive pad: Amazon.com: LG WCP-700 Portable Power Mat Home and Office Charging Pad: Cell Phones & Accessories (had reviews specifically stating it worked with the Incredible 2, which sold it for me)

and

The inductive cover I found on Amazon for $5.00: Amazon.com: OEM BRC-550 Wireless Charging Battery Door for HTC Droid Incredible 2 - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Am having an identical issue to you, where the pad lights up (as if the phone should be charging), but the phone is not actually charging.

There's a pretty scarce amount of literature on this problem, and the BEST guess I have been able to glean is that the cover may be "fake". It looks good, but supposedly the item number on this "OEM" cover and the official one Verizon sells differ, which might mean that the cover is at fault. But otherwise, I'm stuck too.

If I figure out anything, I'll let you know.

absolutjd

Reaction score
I took it to the Verizon store. They suggested the problem might be due to a crack in the side of the shell, and that it was affecting the internal connections...so I got the phone replace via insurance.

So, obviously the new phone has a new micro-USB, and that works for charging. But I just spent 45 bucks on a wireless charging pad.

Low and behold, it didn't work with the new phone either.

I, too, got the items via Amazon. And the back cover came from hard2find accessories (via Amazon). I wrote them, and they sent me a new cover. And it works! FINALLY. It all works.

Try getting a wireless charging cover. And if that doesn't work, it might be time to replace the phone.