wireless hotspot

djgdroid

Reaction score
One of the reasons I rooted my Droid Incredible is so I could use it as a wireless hotspot so when I'm away from my home wifi, I can connect my iTouch thru my droid. I've had the iTouch before I got an android phone and I still use it for my podcasts, videos and music. That way I don't clog up my android with that stuff.

Anyhow, now that I've rooted my Dinc, how do I set it up so I can use it as a wireless hotspot. I notice under Settings > Wireless & networks there is an option for 3G Mobile Hotspot. Is that what I use or is that the paid Verizon option?

If your looking for the free hotspot you'll have to be rooted and use pda net or a similar program. There's also a hack that allows it but I dont know much about that. Not sure if we're allowed to discuss it here either..

Sent from my ADR6300

Thanks for the reply, I didn't know this was an issue that I shouldn't post. I'm not looking to do anything wrong or get you in trouble. Sorry

Both are allowed to be here....

If you go to the Droid x hacks forum there is a sticky that discusses all of this called "3g wifi tether hotspots yada yada" check there. Works great for the few times I need while at work. Beats finding a Starbucks lol!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thanks for the posts, I'll check it out!

Back