Would anybody be willing to test out an ICS alpha for the Pro?

Just got my phone booted up and reinstalled everything from the online market (being able to just run through and click on each one on the computer makes life so much easier).

Looking great so far. No problems with data as of yet. Thanks for the great work!

Just got my phone booted up and reinstalled everything from the online market (being able to just run through and click on each one on the computer makes life so much easier).

Looking great so far. No problems with data as of yet. Thanks for the great work!

Thanks! Are you GSM or CDMA?

I am CDMA. Did you see the question I posted about the battery? Can you elaborate on that?
You will be fine. The idea is that if you have any way to charge your battery for it to boot back up (whether charging with yout wife's phone, charging with an external charger or swapping a charged battery in, or charging with a factory cable), then you're fine.

A person is screwed when he is left with a dead battery pack because there is no way for him to charge it up (chicken and egg situation, to be able to charge the battery, he would have to be able to boot into the operating system, but booting into the operating system would require a battery that is not dead)

Now running your CM9 on my Droid pro. It actually treated it as an upgrade from CM7 updating all my apps so nothing had to be reinstalled. I flashed your ROM and then flashed the ICS version of gapps before booting into it for the first time.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Getting an "Unfortunately, Clock has stopped" message fairly often. Doesn't seem to actually be hurting anything though. Also the modified Videos I had to bypass the root check no longer functions.

Getting an "Unfortunately, Clock has stopped" message fairly often. Doesn't seem to actually be hurting anything though. Also the modified Videos I had to bypass the root check no longer functions.

I haven't been getting this, but I also don't use that clock widget that comes preinstalled.

Thanks so much for the great work!!

Anyone enjoying the 3G data with GSM network????

I am running ur lastest build on my pro now.
But I can't go into the page of network mode. Like switching from cmda to gsm. I don't know which network mode I am in now.
I even tried *#*#4363#*#*. But nothing show up after I typed in.

Pls advise. Thx.

Thanks. I managed to get into the setting page. But failed with the network mode switch.

Once I change it into gsm, it will get a FC and reverted back to CDMA.

By the way, the rom is smooth and fast. I would love this most!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328931358622.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1328931358622.png
    14 KB · Views: 233
  • uploadfromtaptalk1328931371062.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1328931371062.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 237
Hmm...sounds like GSM still doesn't work, but I'll give the new build a shot tomorrow, anyway. Thanks for the work.

You're incredible, Jackpot.

Just to note to everyone I have noticed that high system load might or might not happen when you do certain things (?).

If you experience your phone being slow or getting hot, try going to developer options and check show CPU usage. If /init is on top almost all the time it seems like you're having the init loop problem. It's not caused by the ROM itself, so to fix it you just wipe data and it should go away.

Thanks for that tip. My phone gets ridiculously hot while charging on _lurker's ROM...I'll have to check and see if this is why.

yes it charges fine, but it won't charge if it runs out of battery, which is why you can't ever let it run down to 0%. the best thing to do is pull the battery at 10% and charge it up asap

Is this battery thing going to be something we just have to deal with forever, or will it eventually be fixed? Not pressuring you or anything...just wondering if it might be worthwhile to get an external charger. I have a spare battery, but I'm stupid enough to probably let both die. My regular battery has already died, so I'll have to SBF or go back to CM7 to charge it.

Back