You guys on the ics leak..

drunkclever

Reaction score
Hows the radio? Does it drop lte when in a lte area? Does it switch around from 3g? Loose signal.... all that good stuff??

Sent from my NEWISH DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am on the 6.14.75 leak (which was the first one we pulled)...For a leak, it has ran exceptionally well...I had one data drop since the initial install and that was when I connected to my lapdock the first time and then unplugged it - but it has not happened since when using my lapdock. I do not live in a 4g area but have travelled to one twice and the 3g/4g exchange has occurred with no issues and the same for the wifi exchange. Signal strength is excellent and battery life on the Maxx continues to be great...

altjx

Reaction score
I am on the 6.14.75 leak (which was the first one we pulled)...For a leak, it has ran exceptionally well...I had one data drop since the initial install and that was when I connected to my lapdock the first time and then unplugged it - but it has not happened since when using my lapdock. I do not live in a 4g area but have travelled to one twice and the 3g/4g exchange has occurred with no issues and the same for the wifi exchange. Signal strength is excellent and battery life on the Maxx continues to be great...

Glad to know this. I'm considering getting the ICS leak today. I don't want to wait another 2-4 weeks for official ICS. I'll just get it then too.

altjx

Reaction score
Hmm, no stickies in here. Where's the latest link/instructions for ICS Leak on RAZR MAXX?

altjx

Reaction score
No problem. Its the newest version that can still be fast booted back to GB

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quick question. I can't remember where I read it from, but this one is safe to update to right? I remember seeing something about don't upgrade to .84 or something. Not sure what that was all about.

altjx

Reaction score
Another quick question. What exactly is "fastboot"? Is it another term for just restoring back to GB? Or is it jumping back to GB temporarily?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quick question. I can't remember where I read it from, but this one is safe to update to right? I remember seeing something about don't upgrade to .84 or something. Not sure what that was all about.
.75 and .79 you can still go back to GB in case of warranty or when the OTA comes out. If you get on the .84 build or higher, you can't go back, only forward.

Fast booting is flashing a stock file to the phone. I haven't actually had the need to do it yet (only had the phone 2 days and haven't bricked it yet). Download the Droid RAZR utility 1.6 and it has fastboot files, root/unroot and more built in.

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
Is that droid RAZR utility in the play shop?

Edit... never mind Google for the win!

Last edited:

altjx

Reaction score
brad92 said:
.75 and .79 you can still go back to GB in case of warranty or when the OTA comes out. If you get on the .84 build or higher, you can't go back, only forward.

Fast booting is flashing a stock file to the phone. I haven't actually had the need to do it yet (only had the phone 2 days and haven't bricked it yet). Download the Droid RAZR utility 1.6 and it has fastboot files, root/unroot and more built in.

Oh ok. Thanks :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

altjx

Reaction score
Hows the radio? Does it drop lte when in a lte area? Does it switch around from 3g? Loose signal.... all that good stuff??

Sent from my NEWISH DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I just got on the ICS 6.14.79 leak and noticed my 3G flipping back and forth to and from 4G... Not sure what the issue is but if no one has a solution, I'm going to flash back to GB.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got on the ICS 6.14.79 leak and noticed my 3G flipping back and forth to and from 4G... Not sure what the issue is but if no one has a solution, I'm going to flash back to GB.

I don't have 4G in my area, but I'll be headed to a 4G area later today. I'll let you know how it goes. My 3G has been rock solid though.

altjx

Reaction score
Dude I don't even ****ing have 3G now. Idk wtf is going on with this phone... I just simply followed directions.