ZTE may be back after all

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Interesting the money ZTE will have to pay in order to be able to buy parts from US companies and sell their phones in the US. I wonder how it will hurt their bottom line.

he company has agreed in principle to a settlement that would lift the Commerce Department ban preventing US companies from doing business with ZTE, according to a Reuters tweet. In exchange, ZTE would have to pay a total of $1.7 billion in penalties, according to the the report. The preliminary deal includes a $1 billion fine and $400 million in escrow in case of future violations. This comes on top of the $361 million ZTE had already paid under the original settlement.

Trump saves ZTE? The Chinese company is set to pay $1.7B to lift Commerce Department ban

I don't think they will make it in the Market again

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

An agreement has been reached. They will pay a one billion dollar fine, overhaul it's management, allow a US compliance team to be installed for 10 years and who knows what else.

Chairman Yin Yimin wrote a memo to staff Friday saying that ZTE will return to business as soon as possible and will hold accountable those responsible for the violation that led to the ban, a company source told Reuters.

ZTE chairman apologizes after agreeing to pay $1 billion fine to US

Back