Franco's kernel

otter34

Reaction score
Where do I find downloads of older versions?I hear 13.1 has great battery life. I tried posting at xda but wasn't allowed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

otter34

Reaction score
15:

what I would consider hard use:
14cuseu.png

Stock battery?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Wow 16 is outright terrible for performance. Phones getting hot and rebooting and quadrant dropped 1000 points!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Wow 16 is outright terrible for performance. Phones getting hot and rebooting and quadrant dropped 1000 points!!!!

Quadrant is a terrible benchmark, especially for dual core devices. Antutu or CF Bench are a bit better, although I still wouldn't treat any benchmark as an indication of my device's true performance.

I haven't gotten around to trying 16 yet though. I did see someone else saying that their device didn't like 16 either. But I have seen a few that seemed to have no issues with it as well. So not really sure if it is a kernel problem or something else.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Quadrant is a terrible benchmark, especially for dual core devices. Antutu or CF Bench are a bit better, although I still wouldn't treat any benchmark as an indication of my device's true performance.

I haven't gotten around to trying 16 yet though. I did see someone else saying that their device didn't like 16 either. But I have seen a few that seemed to have no issues with it as well. So not really sure if it is a kernel problem or something else.
I didn't mean to say quadrant. I use antutu. That was a mistake. And as I said, the performance is bad too, not just the benchmark score. Hopefully Franco releases a new one soon so I can get off this one.

Edit: OK 16.1 is already out :D

Last edited:
OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Antutu scores are all over the place. Performance seems much more sensitive to voltage now on these 16.x kernels. Reg voltage 16.1 with gazelle and 700-1350 got me like 4900 on antutu...terrible. dropped 1350 and 1200 by 75mV and 1000 and 700 by 50mV and I set a new antutu benchmark record lol. I think its running too hot at reg voltages.

a6f821cc-8047-e05c.jpg

Reaction score
Could someone put up a link to franco's kernels...hear all this good stuff about them but didnt know where to find them! Also could you recommend a version thats good right now?.... Im on AOKP build 21

Reaction score
Last edited:

Jung136

Reaction score
Now that 4.0.4 is out, and Francos kernels work with it... anyone running stock 4.0.4 with francos kernel?
Its working great! i'm going to have to test battery but i overclocked it to 1.35 ghz (1.5 is unstable) and its very speedy

bwillie

Reaction score
I was looking at rootz wiki under Franco's kernel thread, it looks like the 1.5 ghz was expermental. There are a few people that can get it to work (not me) but 1.35ghz is still working great.

Jung136

Reaction score
my phone did shut itself off and bootloop so i did a battery pull so its fine now.. i don't know if this will happen again.. anyway my battery was a bit worse than stock 4.0.4 so i undervolted the clock speed.. i'll see how it goes tomorrow.

bwillie

Reaction score
He's got the 1.5 working good now.