Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery

Reaction score
i dont know why but i've never had a case of this battery causing my phone to display the 5% red LED indicator light for many hours. i use this battery all day, from around 8AM to whenever i go to bed around midnight, and i don't see the red LED until 10 or 11...

Reaction score
on a side not, i feel like the length of the charge is decreasing as i use this battery more and more. the decline is much more noticeable than with the stock battery

spinkick

Reaction score
on a side not, i feel like the length of the charge is decreasing as i use this battery more and more. the decline is much more noticeable than with the stock battery

Probably cheap batteries, for the price we get them for.

leobg

Reaction score
Since about a week I am using the original Motorola 1860mAh extended battery and I have absolutely no more complains about battery life of my D2G. Very heavy use yields about 6 hours battery life while I could barely get 4 before on stock battery. Average with normal use (1.5 h screen on, 1 h talk, multiple emails, checking sites/etc) now I get 17 hours now up from barely 12 before.

I barely get hump on the phone. The "hump" is 1/16" or just under 2mm, phone fits in media and car dock just fine.

Now if Verizon/Motorola could fix the software, that would be the perfect phone :)

locoej

Reaction score
Since about a week I am using the original Motorola 1860mAh extended battery and I have absolutely no more complains about battery life of my D2G. Very heavy use yields about 6 hours battery life while I could barely get 4 before on stock battery. Average with normal use (1.5 h screen on, 1 h talk, multiple emails, checking sites/etc) now I get 17 hours now up from barely 12 before.

I barely get hump on the phone. The "hump" is 1/16" or just under 2mm, phone fits in media and car dock just fine.

Now if Verizon/Motorola could fix the software, that would be the perfect phone :)

Glad your happy with your extended battery!
Btw, how could I tell if I had the D2G or just D2? I thought all of them were the same lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
You mean battery? Yes - it is the same for D2 and D2G. The difference for mine is I got white D2G so my battery came with white cover. I bought mine straight from Verizon.

locoej

Reaction score
You mean battery? Yes - it is the same for D2 and D2G. The difference for mine is I got white D2G so my battery came with white cover. I bought mine straight from Verizon.

No dude I ment what's the different between a D2 and D2Global phone?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Why dont you look it up lol, i mean come on seriously.

200 Mhz faster processor and a 3G radio that supports gsm and umts

locoej

Reaction score

Relax kid. I thought D2G is saying the samething as D2. I'm still new to this phone smart asss.

grimloktt

Reaction score
I think I figured out how to disable the low battery light...possibly--doing a test run. I'm using Light Flow and selected LED color white for low battery. Our phone doesn't do white. So far so good...

Edit: Never mind...didn't work.

EOK1335

Reaction score

Relax kid. I thought D2G is saying the samething as D2. I'm still new to this phone smart asss.

several ways 1.find pictures and compair the difference between their camera 2.pull out the battery and see if there is a sim card slot there beside the batt 3.go to settings-about phone-model

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

locoej

Reaction score

several ways 1.find pictures and compair the difference between their camera 2.pull out the battery and see if there is a sim card slot there beside the batt 3.go to settings-about phone-model

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

No kidding.

locoej

Reaction score
I think I figured out how to disable the low battery light...possibly--doing a test run. I'm using Light Flow and selected LED color white for low battery. Our phone doesn't do white. So far so good...

Aw man! I was about to try your trick! Lol.

grimloktt

Reaction score

Aw man! I was about to try your trick! Lol.

I'm trying Tasker now. Reportedly, you can set condition where battery < X % turns of impulse notifications (under audio settings). I'll see how that works....

I would really love it if we could just change Fission or something in a setting folder to make the battery meter run correctly. On the surface that seems like it should be so easy yet no programmers have figured it
out...

Tasker doesn't seem to be working...