[ROM] {PORT}Eclipse ics 1.1 for droid 4

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
im stock and rooted can i just flash this in recovery? or will i need the ics kernel? if soo any perticular one?

thanks

Go to your base rom via safestrap. Delete safestrap. Boot to stock recovery with the 217 update in your external sdcard and install. Re root your phone with the ics root and go into the market and install superuser and busybox. Then install safestrap 2.0 and go into your safe system and factory reset and then install this rom.

moccor

Reaction score
Myfishbear, could you run a benchmark on this please using any program of your choice. I wanna see what score you get. Reason being, stock ICS + Skype was very sluggish and froze my phone up if it had a lot of IMs. While CM9, it loads the messages in 1-2 seconds.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Myfishbear, could you run a benchmark on this please using any program of your choice. I wanna see what score you get. Reason being, stock ICS + Skype was very sluggish and froze my phone up if it had a lot of IMs. While CM9, it loads the messages in 1-2 seconds.
yeah its not slugish like stock. i wanted it to be lean and its zipalligned; deodexed as well.
53914d1343878207-rom-port-eclipse-ics-1-1-droid-4-screenshot_2012-08-01-23-25-38.png
53913d1343878189-rom-port-eclipse-ics-1-1-droid-4-screenshot_2012-08-01-22-32-14.png

Last edited:

Germanguy

Reaction score
"gsm patch apply before you boot - thanks to olegfusion
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo3ls4cd7l...atchd4 ics.zip
cdma revert patch
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gw4rp2e4g..._back2cdma.zip"

So I assume this patch should possibly allow me to use the Droid 4 on ATT and/or T-Mobile here in the US? Do I have to revert back if I want to use it on Verizon? Also, can I install the patch after already having booted into the ROM (I am curently on the 217 leaked ICS ROM)? Instructions say to install before boot. Thanks

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
anyone else getting terrible battery life? coming from ics cm9 7/23 my battery life seems almost cut in half:blink:

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
"gsm patch apply before you boot - thanks to olegfusion
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo3ls4cd7l...atchd4 ics.zip
cdma revert patch
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gw4rp2e4g..._back2cdma.zip"

So I assume this patch should possibly allow me to use the Droid 4 on ATT and/or T-Mobile here in the US? Do I have to revert back if I want to use it on Verizon? Also, can I install the patch after already having booted into the ROM (I am curently on the 217 leaked ICS ROM)? Instructions say to install before boot. Thanks
what i would do is factory reset, install the rom, install the gsm patch and reboot
and if i wanted to go back to vzw i would do a factory reset and install the cdma patch

Germanguy

Reaction score
what i would do is factory reset, install the rom, install the gsm patch and reboot
and if i wanted to go back to vzw i would do a factory reset and install the cdma patch
Ok. Thanks. Dang. i thought I might able to switch between my ATT and Verizon accounts on the fly.

Reaction score
anyone else getting terrible battery life? coming from ics cm9 7/23 my battery life seems almost cut in half:blink:

I think I might be.

I will be going off a complete charge but with my governor being set to OnDemand through ROM Toolbox Pro.

I will post back here by the end of the day and let you know.

Plus, I miss having the ability to switch back and forth between LTE and CDMA. CDMA got me a ton of battery life, almost 24 hours worth.

Hope this helps.

bofis

Reaction score
Reaction score
As you can see this battery consumption is really bad. I switched over from LTE to CDMA and it still drains at a rapid rate. ICS Leak CM9 has its own issues, like wifi connectivity among others, but it supports Flash for me when none of the others will. I am impressed with this version of ICSLeak .217 for being so clean, but something in the background is just killing the battery. It seems as though everything out there has a major bug or kink that needs to be ironed out. I came from the DROID 1 with this huge amount of development for it, and now Motorola has crippled the development of this beautiful phone by not letting these great devs get the resources they need. The kernel has been leaked, the fastboot files are out for GB, but we still need more. CM9 for the leak is a little behind, but that is where we are all putting our money. It's fast, uses way less battery, has good built-in options for root functions, and is slick as hell. I am going to Nandroid this .217 deodexed version tonight, and try my luck with CM9, again.

Let me know what you guys think.

View attachment 53950

View attachment 53950