Put liberty 2.0 on my droid. How do I go back to factory settings?

ashboz77

Reaction score
I currently have a rooted droid x flashed with liberty 2.0 i have bootstrap and did a back up. I just need to know how to restore to factory mode...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Boot in to clockworkmod recovery and scroll down to backup /restore and choose full restore then chooses your stock backup.

tappin and a talkin

OP
A

ashboz77

Reaction score
Awesome thanks so much... I just wasn't 100% sure on how to do it... lovin liberty right now...

Sent from my DROIDX

cricketson007

Reaction score
Boot in to clockworkmod recovery and scroll down to backup /restore and choose full restore then chooses your stock backup.

tappin and a talkin

Will this method also work for the D2G?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
A

ashboz77

Reaction score
I believe so... i originally had D2G and that is the bootstrap i use on my DX and surprisingly enough it works... it should restore complete factory settings...

Sent from my DROIDX

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes providing you made a backup.

If you guys don't have a backup or your backup doesn't work you can always SBF....which will return you to stock as in when you took your phone out of the box for the very first time.

cricketson007

Reaction score
I made a backup when I flashed Liberty. I am liking my set up now so not worried to much about it yet. I will just sbf when I want something different.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mamonte

Reaction score
When you did Liberty did it take a while to reboot? I just installed it this morning and has been rebooting for the past 3 hrs...is this normal....

OP
A

ashboz77

Reaction score
Mine did that as well i suggest a battery pull... it worked for me though i can't promise it will for u... mine was looping the liberty logo in the beginning and when i pulled my battery and put it back in it worked like a charm. But no a 3 hour loop isn't normal.

Sent from my DROIDX

mamonte

Reaction score
grrr battery pull didn't work :( still have Liberty logo. glad it worked for you and you like it though :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mamonte what model phone are you using? I would try booting in to stock recovery and wiping data to see if the phone boots up.

tappin and a talkin

mamonte

Reaction score
i am on X. my problem is i can't do anything with my phone no buttons, if i take out battery and pop it back in the Liberty logo pops back on. I am stuck can't do anything...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So powering hp while holding the home button and power button simultaneously won't get you in to recovery? If not then you're probably going to have to sbf.

tappin and a talkin

mamonte

Reaction score
nvm it just powered off and won't even turn on now guess i blew it! i was really doing my reading so i made sure not to mess up like i did. Never shoulda done it. thanks for the help though!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The battery probably died. I would leave it plugged in for a few hours to see if it will power on enough to do an sbf. Do you have any friends or family with a Droid x who's battery you can use?

tappin and a talkin