Rooting questions...

mikey360

Reaction score
Hey there everyone, Im new here as you can tell. But I have a question for everyone, and possibly the same question thats been asked numerous times already but couldnt find the thread for it. But anyway, I am wanting to root my phone but had a couple of questions before I do it. First question is when I was told when I root my phone that I would lose all the data with the exception of contacts. Is that a true statement?? Just dont want to go through all the hassle of re-downloading the apps I have on it. And second, what is a good program to use when rooting, one of my friends told me to go to an xda site. Any help and advise would be great.....thanks

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Welcome aboard. What android version is your phone on? Go to settings - about phone.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hey there everyone, Im new here as you can tell. But I have a question for everyone, and possibly the same question thats been asked numerous times already but couldnt find the thread for it. But anyway, I am wanting to root my phone but had a couple of questions before I do it. First question is when I was told when I root my phone that I would lose all the data with the exception of contacts. Is that a true statement?? Just dont want to go through all the hassle of re-downloading the apps I have on it. And second, what is a good program to use when rooting, one of my friends told me to go to an xda site. Any help and advise would be great.....thanks
Part of the rooting process with the Rezound is the bootloader needs to be unlocked via htcdev.com and ADB, during this process a factory default will occur and ALL data on the phone (and SD card I think) will be lost. You will lose EVERYTHING on the phone when you do the unlock procedure, this is normal and cannot be stopped, so you need to backup and use good backup procedures like storing all contacts and other vital data in online services (ie. Google account) and using your PC or cloud storage to backup all pictures, movies, music, etc.

OP
M

mikey360

Reaction score
Part of the rooting process with the Rezound is the bootloader needs to be unlocked via htcdev.com and ADB, during this process a factory default will occur and ALL data on the phone (and SD card I think) will be lost. You will lose EVERYTHING on the phone when you do the unlock procedure, this is normal and cannot be stopped, so you need to backup and use good backup procedures like storing all contacts and other vital data in online services (ie. Google account) and using your PC or cloud storage to backup all pictures, movies, music, etc.

thanks for the info. Im starting to back everything up now

Bpowder33

Reaction score
If you need a guide, check the thread in my sig.

can you update your rooting section to amonra 3.16, as installing su and superuser on 3.14 will not work on 4.0.3... to my knowledge was also an issue on 3.15 that was fixed in 3.16