sd card and Incredible

kmo

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb ? but is there a separate sd card slot on the Incredible to add more space? In the pics/video I've seen I only see one slot, is that for additional memory? I'm thinking of trading my Droid in (still within the 30 day return policy) and have an 8gb sd card I would add to get back to 16gb. Is the 8gb stock internal? Thanks for any info on this. Still not sure if I should get the Incredible (leaning toward doing it) but want to have all the information before I pull the trigger, only have a few days to make a move.

atthehop

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb ? but is there a separate sd card slot on the Incredible to add more space? In the pics/video I've seen I only see one slot, is that for additional memory? I'm thinking of trading my Droid in (still within the 30 day return policy) and have an 8gb sd card I would add to get back to 16gb. Is the 8gb stock internal? Thanks for any info on this. Still not sure if I should get the Incredible (leaning toward doing it) but want to have all the information before I pull the trigger, only have a few days to make a move.

Yes it takes a Micro SD Card.

OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response....:)

CatsTide

Reaction score
no brainer....unless you're in love with the keyboard,take it back and get the incredible

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
NO there is not 2 SD card slots. In order to have 16gb of SD card space you will need a 16gb SD card to put in the slot.

There is 8gb of internal storage and the SD card slot supports up to a 16gb SD card.

if you have an 8gb SD card then you will have 8GB internal memory and 8GB SD memory.

OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
I heard (saw in a review not sure which one I've been researching pretty heavy the last couple days) that you can put up to a 32gb card into the incredible. Lots of mixed info going around I guess. :confused: So you're saying that the slot that's in there is for the stock 8gb card and that there's no other slot to add more memory?

Edit: Well, after a quick call to Verizon and talking to a tech they said it will support another 16gb in addition to the internal 8gb already there....24gb total.

Last edited:

joeymoose

Reaction score
It has 8gb internal and a SD card slot for Expandable memory, upto 32gb I believe.

8 internal + 16 Micro SD= ......

Last edited:
OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
I heard (saw in a review not sure which one I've been researching pretty heavy the last couple days) that you can put up to a 32gb card into the incredible. Lots of mixed info going around I guess. :confused: So you're saying that the slot that's in there is for the stock 8gb card and that there's no other slot to add more memory?

Edit: OK the slot is for additional memory. I made a quick call to talk to a Verizon Tech and they said it will support another 16gb in addition to the internal 8gb....24gb total. Guess I'll find out next week when I get the phone, haha.

Last edited:

jasonb

Reaction score
8 gig internal (6.6 really) and then up to 32gig in the sd card slot. some places like verizon's website are saying up to 16gig. i'm guessing people are saying 16 gig since there are no 32's yet, and because of the issue of android not being able to format a 32.

OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
I've been seeing the same thing floating around the internet re:32gb. Since I have the 8gb card 16gb will be fine for me for a while I'm sure. I can imagine that a 32gb card will be a bit pricey too.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Call it internal storage, call it an sd card. In reality all it is, is a non-removable micro sd card, on board. There is nothing special about it. The same was with the Omnia. So really, the OS probably will treat it as two sd cards if you use an external as well.

GodDriven

Reaction score
I've been seeing the same thing floating around the internet re:32gb. Since I have the 8gb card 16gb will be fine for me for a while I'm sure. I can imagine that a 32gb card will be a bit pricey too.

Hey, When you mount it it gives you both.. The SD and The internal.. The 32Gb are not too pricey.. 100, for a good class 6.. So this is also great for future dev on the device.. :icon_ banana:

jasonb

Reaction score
according to vzw's website a 2 gig card is now included.

go take a look!

kylemittskus

Reaction score
I just purchased a Polaroid 16GB micro SD card for my Incredible. Do I need to do anything to it before I insert it into my phone? Thanks!