2.1 for Eris confirmed by HTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKib

Reaction score
News to me. As a newer user, I haven't dug through all the mass of topics here, but I have read Eris is supposed to get an update first quarter. This is the first confirmation I've read that it was going to be 2.1 (vs 2.01 or whatever). Thanks for posting.

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
News to me. As a newer user, I haven't dug through all the mass of topics here, but I have read Eris is supposed to get an update first quarter. This is the first confirmation I've read that it was going to be 2.1 (vs 2.01 or whatever). Thanks for posting.

The version was news to me too - I figured some other folks might like to see it in writing... there have been so many rumors, hints and high hopes...! I'm very happy about this news! :icon_ banana:

GeekGoddess

Reaction score
I heard about it at the Verizon store where I got my phone. The manager said it could be pushed back if there are any bugs, but later is fine as long as it works well. He didn't think it would be much later if it was late at all.

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
I heard about it at the Verizon store where I got my phone. The manager said it could be pushed back if there are any bugs, but later is fine as long as it works well. He didn't think it would be much later if it was late at all.

Did he specify V 2.1?

Love your name!

GeekGoddess

Reaction score
Actually, he didn't specify. He was trying to be vague due to his position.

Thanks! I rather like the name myself. ;)

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
Actually, he didn't specify. He was trying to be vague due to his position.

Thanks! I rather like the name myself. ;)

Exactly... that's why I posted this - it is the first time I've seen any mention of which version it would update to - 2.0 or 2.1. They are different in ways that are significant to many people.

I have my name (Low-Tech) on my license plate... I see other drivers smile at it. It's the name of my small web site services company... no high-tech here! :)

snyluc13

Reaction score
awesome news finally a little clarification on which version we are getting, i cant wait to see the new sense ui first hand

chassum

Reaction score
Just saw a home video of Eris with 2.1 with enhanced sense, leap, and youtube.
Very shiny and nimble :)

Status
Not open for further replies.