20% Loss in 2 Hours on Extended Battery

I am new to the forums and after buying the T-bolt I have a question regarding the battery (surprise, surprise). I came from a D1 so this has been a great step up and I really enjoy the phone so far....I just purchased the phone on Friday of last week with the extended battery. The first few days I the battery level was great (only charged after about 2-3days and did not adjust the settings much). Since then the battery level has dropped significantly. I have adjusted all settings down that I can think of but just this morning I took it off the charger at 7am and its 9am now and the charge has dropped 20%. Am I missing something?? Is this typical of the extended battery?

I realized that there were battery issues before buying (after reading all the posts here) but I thought the phone was worth it. I just didn't expect such a drain on the extended battery. Any help or words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Get rid of it. Android does not need task killers of any kind. The OS automatically does it just fine, Task killers hurt performance and hurts battery life.

I have no clue how you could drop 20% in 2 hours. I didn't even drop 20% watching a 2hr movie on the extended battery.

OP
C

Casper3686

Spoke with a Verizon rep today who said to charge it more so the battery stabilizes. I have only had it for a week now. Any truth to this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jseah

Spoke with a Verizon rep today who said to charge it more so the battery stabilizes. I have only had it for a week now. Any truth to this?

This is true. I have had my TB for 3 weeks now and I have noticed my battery (the standard battery) does last longer now than when I first got the phone.

OP
C

Casper3686

Task killer is gone so let's see how that goes...on another note, the battery seems to be running warm. Is this normal? Came from the D1 so the T-bolt is a little different. Just not sure if I have a bad extended battery...

BennyJr

If u are rooted try autokiller memory. It will try and keep a certain amount of memory as it works along with Android. It has helped me on my D1 so it should help u

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

deptoj

I've had my thunderbolt for about a week and a half now. I love it but have had nothing but trouble with the battery. I have had an extended battery from the start (after reading the forums). 2 days ago I got 36 hours on the battery and that was with lots of texting and emailing, more than a few phone calls, leaving it on all night, some web surfing, and 2 uses of Google's navigation app. Today, starting with a full charge, I got about 10 hours before it died and all I did was read one email and text twice. I didn't change any settings in between. I have 4G on all the time and it's set to auto-sync. I do have Auto Task Killer (as recommended by Verizon). My screen brightness is set to 30%. I'm in a strong 4G area. The only difference was the part of the city I was in during the 36 hour day and the 10 hour day.

Why would I get such different battery life on two different days?

I'm seeing so many different recommendations about things like Auto Task Killer that I don't know what to do. After the Verizon person installed it I got the 36 hour day out of my battery so I thought it was working. Now I don't know what to do.

I don't want to "root" my phone because Verizon told me that would void my warranty. I love this phone but I'm really frustrated with it dying all the time! I don't
want to bring my charger to work!

BennyJr

If u root it, that would solve ur problems. Ive had my phone unplugged since 920 and its not 1211 and im at 38% running 3g for about 6 hrs too. Its doing great on the stock battery and im over clocked. It will void ur warranty but if u ever need to replace it u can change it back to stock easily.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
You can bump charge it, I've done it with mine. Like I said there are pros and cons.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, from my hTc Thunderbolt