3.3.1 what say you?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Well after my initial dissapointment that the ability to change the LED for notifications is still missing, I was extremely happy to see the return of the kernel previously used in UD releases, overall 3.3.1 is running perfect thus far.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does your music app kill itself if you enter another app while playing, for example Facebook or navigation?

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Just tried it & worked fine, I was just jammin to some black label society, when back to home desktop, then opened app drawer then open facebook & looked around a little, music still playing, then I opend dolphin browser (music still playing) & posting this reply, I would assume an issue like urs would be related to the low memory, & the low memory killer settings, if your using a different launcher do u have it installed to data/app or system/app ? I had adw installed to the system/app I had a video camera recording issue in 3.3.0, it would force close & I would have to reboot to get it to open again, I actually solved the problem 2 different ways, first I tried, changed the low memory killer settings from 8-12-24-28-32-32 to 6-10-22-28-32-32 & it fixed the issue, I also moved adw into the data/app from the system/app & that fixed it to, even with the mem kill settings at 8-12-24-28-32-32...

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I also seem to get a better overall performing droid with JIT disabled & a vm heap of 32...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
changed the low memory killer settings from 8-12-24-28-32-32 to 6-10-22-28-32-32 & it fixed the issue, I also moved adw into the data/app from the system/app & that fixed it to, even with the mem kill settings at 8-12-24-28-32-32...

How do you do this? I am running another ROM but depending how it's done maybe I can try it...

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
There are two market apps u can use Auto memory manager & the one I use Autokiller memory optimizer..after installed, go into its settings & enable advanced mode, MAKE sure to keep "set at boot" UNCHECKED, until u are 100000% sure ur settings are good to go, in fact I always leave it unchecked, the wrong settings can really cause issues, but a reboot will reset them back to ur roms default.....there is a good read about this over at xda let me see if I can find the link.

sandfreak

Reaction score
There are two market apps u can use Auto memory manager & the one I use Autokiller memory optimizer..after installed, go into its settings & enable advanced mode, MAKE sure to keep "set at boot" UNCHECKED, until u are 100000% sure ur settings are good to go, in fact I always leave it unchecked, the wrong settings can really cause issues, but a reboot will reset them back to ur roms default.....there is a good read about this over at xda let me see if I can find the link.

I have a problem that I think might be related to the low memory on OG Droid.

My "widget locker" app keeps turning on and off. Wish the dang thing would stay on. I'm wondering if it's a memory issue and if it is I'm thinkin I'll try that "autokiller" app.

What do you think?

Side note: anybody using "widget locker?" When I reboot, my lockscreen loses all the Widgets so I have to re-apply them every time. This happen to anybody else?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sandfreak

Reaction score
Ok I went ahead and did it. So far so good. I'll report back with further results

Nausicaa

Reaction score
I came from 2.5.0
At least the market works.
But I am missing LEDs, and the torch app.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score

I have a problem that I think might be related to the low memory on OG Droid.

My "widget locker" app keeps turning on and off. Wish the dang thing would stay on. I'm wondering if it's a memory issue and if it is I'm thinkin I'll try that "autokiller" app.

What do you think?

Side note: anybody using "widget locker?" When I reboot, my lockscreen loses all the Widgets so I have to re-apply them every time. This happen to anybody else?

i have widgetlocker and i just dont even install it on gb roms cuz theres no chance itll work right

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Yes, it would not suprise me if that is the case with widget locker, when i had the issues with my cam corder force closing, i dont even know what made me think of the minfree manager killing it, but i set tje parameters significantly lower especially in the first 3 groupings & it fixed the camera, so i questioned if having gmail & especially the launcher installed to the system/app then trying to run the cam corder on top of it ate ul my memory, so now just simply leaving adw & gmail in the data/app actually solved the problem without having to lower the mem settings, im always experimenting with different values & currently i am set at: 6-10-22-28-32-42 yes i know that is a 10mb increase in the empty app catagory, but it really seems to help my droid snappy.

crazyjoker2

Reaction score
how do you change where it's installed? do a copy and paste in root explorer?

jak86

Reaction score
Has anyone come accross problems with the facebook app on 3.3.1? I keep getting fc's when trying to view profiles. Looking through my contacts some have their profile pics but some dont. I tried clearing the cache and data, reinstalling facebook and even fix permissions under the command menu and nothing seems to fix it. I dont use the fb app much but i've always like that my contact pics sync with everyone profiles.

The weather channel app closes on me sometimes too. I use the fancy widget and have it set to open the weather channel app when I tap on it. Sometimes it works just fine but other times once it loads the weather or if I click on the 10 day forcast it closes out comepletely.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone come accross problems with the facebook app on 3.3.1? I keep getting fc's when trying to view profiles. Looking through my contacts some have their profile pics but some dont. I tried clearing the cache and data, reinstalling facebook and even fix permissions under the command menu and nothing seems to fix it. I dont use the fb app much but i've always like that my contact pics sync with everyone profiles.

The weather channel app closes on me sometimes too. I use the fancy widget and have it set to open the weather channel app when I tap on it. Sometimes it works just fine but other times once it loads the weather or if I click on the 10 day forcast it closes out comepletely.

Yeah I'm getting fcs on facebook and a couple other apps as well...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Yup just use Root explorer, & once pasted u may have to change the permissions, use root explorer to do that as well, if unsure what to change the permissions to, just set them the same as the other apps....

Facebook is screwed up, I hope its the app, lots of negative comments listed in the market on it, though it seems to be working fine on the wifes incred.

how do you change where it's installed? do a copy and paste in root explorer?