3G network shuts down at 11:00 pm

bryced

Reaction score
Every night my droids 3G network shuts down at 11:00 pm. This has been happening for the past month. Verizon doens't have any solution. Does anyone know what is going on?

B

bthomp21

aliens

no sorry, i dont know. assuming you tried *228 (not even sure if that would help) maybe its an app doing it?

OP
B

bryced

Reaction score
hey

I'm sorry but I don't know what tethering is. Can you explain?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you don't know what it is then you're not doing it. :) Tethering is sharing your phone's 3G data connection with your PC/other device.

I've done some exhaustive research into that's been causing 3G cutouts during tethering, so I might have been able to offer some suggestions.

Okay, it's cutting out. Is it exactly at 11PM every night?

OP
B

bryced

Reaction score
ye

It is exactly at 11 every night. Doesn't come back on till 7 am

kinfolk248

Reaction score
not only does my 3g go out but my call quality goes down as well, not at 11 pm but late late nights it does shutter, so your not alone buddy...

i complained to verizon about this in the past, they said they see no towers down in my area and that everything looks fine on their systems, now my call quality is not as bad but it still sux compared to daytime...

OP
B

bryced

Reaction score
it shows four bars and I think that's the maximum.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
12:00 AM and my signal strength is -94 with full bars and full 3g but.......if i make/take a call, boy does it have static and go in and out. daytime calls are crystal clear!

in the day i think its around -60 so yea it does change definitely, but according to you know who everything is fine...smh...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
it shows four bars and I think that's the maximum.

4 bars is nice, but it's not a measure of actual signal strength. Get into your settings, go to the about phone section, then check the status. you should have a "Signal strength" listed. What does it say for dBm?

12:00 AM and my signal strength is -94 with full bars and full 3g but.......if i make/take a call, boy does it have static and go in and out. daytime calls are crystal clear!

in the day i think its around -60 so yea it does change definitely, but according to you know who everything is fine...smh...

That's NOT a good signal strength. Have you reprogrammed your phone lately? And check your signal tomorrow during the day a couple times when you're home. If you get -60ish dBm then you have a MAJOR fault and you should call Verizon and complain about the numbers. If you get lucky you might get a replacement phone to test to see if it's the phone or the network. If it IS the network then you can call and complain. Never know what might happen -- just remember to send one of the phones back as $500 is a tough nut to swallow. :)

OP
B

bryced

Reaction score
Now I"m really confused. Just two days ago I haven't been able to text once it is 11:00

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Have you done a quick airplane mode cycle? If that doesn't reset it I'd be on the phone burning up their airwaves till I got some satisfaction. Politely, of course. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Airplane Mode Cycle -- you cycle Airplane mode on and off. Wait about thirty seconds for maximum effect. It's like rebooting (as far as the network is concerned) but it's a lot faster. Sometimes it does what a reboot won't, too.