4.0.4 Stock Rom Out There That Keeps Root?

HikenGruven

Reaction score
So after more unmet deadlines and silence from Verizon, I finally unlocked and rooted. I tried MIUI, but wasn't crazy about it. I remember seeing something here on these forums about a 4.0.4 ROM that was basically stock, but altered or something. I honestly don't understand the different between AOKP or AOSP, so perhaps that is the terminology I'm missing in this. I've searched for this only to get a million results back, but it's not the thread I previously remember reading on Droid Forums. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I basically want to keep root of course and want stability. I don't need a million extra features.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't know what he's doing, that thread will be very confusing for him.

OP, if you look at that thread, under Downloads you'll need the one called 4.0.4 vanilla ROM. Download it to your sd card and flash it in Clockwork Recovery.

Before you flash, take the following steps in Clockwork. 1. Make sure you wipe/factory reset. 2. Make sure you wipe dalvik cache under the advanced menu. 3. Also make sure to format system under mounts and storage. MIUI is a drastically different rom so you need to wipe all traces of it.

I believe flashing this will also update your radios (which is what you want) but we can verify that after you flash it. If not, I can give you a link to update the radios to the most current Verizon radios.