4.5" Screen? I don't think so

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
droid-bionic6.jpg

On the left is a Defy with a 3.7" screen and if what is on the right truly is the bionic we're waiting on, the screen is going to be 4", 4.3" max, based on a little pixel comparison in the photo.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

I sure hope your right. 4.3 is almost too big as it is...atleast for me.

I'll be buying it either way. As long as they release it in a decent timeframe.

droid-bionic6.jpg

On the left is a Defy with a 3.7" screen and if what is on the right truly is the bionic we're waiting on, the screen is going to be 4", 4.3" max, based on a little pixel comparison in the photo.

Pixel comparison you say huh? hmmmm

magnifying-glass.gif

I'll take it 4.3 or 4.5 - doesn't really matter :)

I dunno.. my math sucks... can someone please find a way to use scale to measure up the photos for size percentage increase between the two objects?

Last edited:
Not that my method is any better accurate, but I ruler tooled this to get a scale of the two images... and the two numbers I got between measuring the diagonal length of the two screens in photoshop yielded a 23% size increase... which would closely coincide with 3.7 vs 4.5. I may be completely off being that I have limited knowledge of using the ruler tool. but my theory seems sound.

My comparison was using the selection tool in paint to get a rectangle, used the pythagrean(sp?) theorem to determine the diagonal length in pixels got like 340 for the defy meaning about 91 pixels per inch, then came up with 370ish for the bionic putting it at barely 4 inches, granted it prolly isn't the most accurate of estimations, but a long way off from 4.5.

Ever since that picture was released, a lot of people have been saying that it's clearly a 4.3" screen, not 4.5". I think it's pretty obvious that the phone on the right has a 4.3" screen myself.

I'll take any size 4-4.3-4.5 as long as they get it to shelves soon.

Whether it is 4.5 or 4.3 its probably going to be an good phone (hopefully). Plus does .2 more really matter? If anything I could hardly notice it unless I put the two sizes side by side

Sent from my ZombieStomped DROIDX

Measuring the pic in sheer metrics, milimeters, if the one on the left is 3.7 then the one on the right is only 4.0

Definitely bigger than a 4". A 4" screen would represent just over an 8% increase in the. diagonal measure. If it was 4.5" it would represent an increase of just over 21% or a fifth more and it doesn't look as though it quite makes that, so my vote from what I can see is 4.3. I hope I'm wrong because I handled att's 4.5 and it felt just fine.

Back