5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

broxstodavis

Reaction score
Would this need a new cdt.bin flash, like we had to when coming back from 901? Sorry if I'm vague, but I hope you get what I mean ha.

entcee

Reaction score
This worked well, however it erased my internal SD card :mad:

This is where Titanium Backup stores the backups :cus::cus:

Last edited:

deckerbm

Reaction score
Worked for me! And yes it does wipe the internal storage, so be sure to back that up beforehand :)

themistah

Reaction score
I did this but must of mest up somewhere i lost root ...su binaries wont update and it fc's.....any app that needs root access fcloses......i will try again.

Last edited:
OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did this but must of mest up somewhere i lost root ...su binaries wont update and it fc's.....any app that needs root access fcloses......i will try again.
reflash the fxz file then use the 1 click exploit to get root back this exploit is the only rooting method for .893 then u must use the forever root hack before applying any update

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
This worked well, however it erased my internal SD card :mad:

This is where Titanium Backup stores the backups :cus::cus:
i do apologize for not posting that it wipes ur internal storage didnt realize people had things on there internal storage that they would like to keep so i do apologize for any inconvience this has caused

broxstodavis

Reaction score
Okay, so let's say I want to get back to 886. Could I use this fxz file to get back to 893, and not update back to 902, and then use Timmy10Shoes fxz file to get back to 886?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, so let's say I want to get back to 886. Could I use this fxz file to get back to 893, and not update back to 902, and then use Timmy10Shoes fxz file to get back to 886?
unfortunately no if u tried that u would get a nasty cdt error an the flash would fail 5 out the 15 steps i would have to create an fxz file specifically for going back to .886

broxstodavis

Reaction score
Oh okay, I got you. I'm just asking because, whenever I do these updates, I lose the ability to stay with 4G. I can get it for about the first half hour, coming and going every 4 mins or so, and then nothing. Can only connect to 3G, and I'm in a very good 4G coverage area. I haven't had this problem with 886, but when I tried any of the updates (893, 901, or 902) I get this problem. Any advice sargentmajord?

themistah

Reaction score
any one has the link to get forever root ? mine was corrupted thanks.