5.7.906 update questions

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
My D3 is rooted with Pete's Tools. Stock rom though, just root. Do I need to unroot before I install the update, or will I damage anything if I just let it do its thing? I assume I will lose root but does that just mean it will be like I never rooted in the first place? I've had rooted D1, D2G, DInc2, and now D3 but never got an update while rooted so I'm just not sure how to play this hand?

Lil' help?

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
So I've nswered my own question by taking the risk and just letting the update go all out. Update went fine, lost root but re-rooted with motofail procedure. Worked like a charm. I'm now updated and still have root. GTG

Fuzzball

Reaction score
I've got a couple of questions myself:

If the bloatware apps were deleted (backed up though) and a custom boot was put in, do I need to restore it back for this update to work or will it work fine without doing all that leg work?
Can the TBH Radio Hack still be done on 906?

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
That's one for the more knowledgeable folks. I am looking for info on the radio as well though

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Fuzzball said:
I've got a couple of questions myself:

If the bloatware apps were deleted (backed up though) and a custom boot was put in, do I need to restore it back for this update to work or will it work fine without doing all that leg work?
Can the TBH Radio Hack still be done on 906?

Yes, complete stock system needs to be in place. Yes on the radio hack.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I'm not sure if the complete stock ROM needs to be there or not.

In my case, I've replaced the /system/app/MMs.apk with something else and the update went fine...Phone was rooted. (I had to reapply proper rights to the MMs.apk as mine remained in /system/app). Re-rooted with motofail.

On my wife's phone (Phone was rooted)....I had frozen a ton of stuff.....didn't unfreeze any of it and the update went fine. Re-rooted with motofail.

Not sure I would risk not being completely stock other than the few things I had done.....but