[7-2] Froyo Source Built Kangerade 4.0.7 - *HUGE list of features & Themes*

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Ok first off let me say that Jrummy, u are the shizznit!!!!!! in having a lil problem with the blue version. my market will not open at all. also when i go to manually sync my gmail contacts, its not even an option to choose from. is there something i missed?? and last is the beautiful weather widget dat doesnt show the forecast icon. can i get some help please......

Same issues as far as Market just flashes a white screen and none of my contacts show up.

Had the same issues with saphire as well. Came from the second froyo build that was leaked, no wipe.

f1kobe86

Reaction score
is anyone having problems with google voice? i am not getting my voicemails... i just refreshed GV and 3 vm's came up from several hours ago. I called my phone and left a vm and still have not been notified yet.

Edit: using 4.0.7 nextheme

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I cannot enable Wifi mobile hot spot without getting an error. Besides that, I am enjoying the nex TANG theme with matching HTC mod keybordavailable on the forum associated with his ROM, its just in. Nosticking, separate thread. It's extremely fast and I have not hada single error thateS not user caused. That is, I attempted to run a 1. 3gHz kernel I found on Rom Manager. I have Chevys. ultra low 1. 2 ghz kernel running. I love how lots of live wallpapers and bootscreens are I included but do not take up memory so, unlike BB, i dont have because the script manager automatically copies thefile to the correct folder and overwrite old one with the correct name. Obviously this means nothing to some of you terminal geeks but it is that very reason I have several "updatezip " namedfiles in the root of my SDcard. I don't change their name back and I don't like havingduplicates of everything. Still though some of you hav different ways, I prefer to put it in my own folder now and choose the zip myself. Now if only the clockwork den would make it show the real alphabetical order of files so I can make some sense of it, like Astro. The only thing miss is how petes Rom allows non apps 2 SD applications to be installed to to the memory card regardless of the developers option, which doesn't seem to be so in Froyo King 4. 07. Nevertheless I was able to accomplish the same thing with titanium backup.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I cannot enable Wifi mobile hot spot without getting an error. Besides that, I am enjoying the nex TANG theme with matching HTC mod keybord available on the forum associated with his ROM, its just in. Nosticking, separate thread. It's extremely fast and I have not hada single error that was not user caused. That is, I attempted to run a 1. 3gHz kernel I found on Rom Manager. I have Chevys. ultra low 1. 2 ghz kernel running. I love how lots of live wallpapers and bootscreens are I included but do not take up memory so, unlike BB, i dont have because the script manager automatically copies thefile to the correct folder and overwrite old one with the correct name. Obviously this means nothing to some of you terminal geeks :p. but it is that very reason I have several "updatezip " namedfiles in the root of my SDcard. I don't change their name back and I don't like havingduplicates of everything. Still though some of you have different ways, I prefer to put it in my own folder now and choose the zip myself. Now if only the clockwork dev would make it show the real alphabetical order of files so I can make some sense of it, like Astro. The only thing miss is how petes Rom allows non apps 2 SD applications to be installed to to the memory card regardless of the developers option, which doesn't seem to be so in Froyo Kang 4. 07. Nevertheless I was able to accomplish the same thing with titanium backup.

ictdog

Reaction score
GPS issue?

I did an install of the Nextang Theme and installed without issue. This ROM works great in every area I can see except one...GPS. After coming from a Cyanogen ROM with all the GPS apps working, I wiped the cache and clean installed the Kangerade.

But now all the apps that use GPS do not work or connect. Usually a FC comes after...small price to pay for a great ROM...but can this be fixed? Or is this just MY issue with MY Droid?

Anyone?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did an install of the Nextang Theme and installed without issue. This ROM works great in every area I can see except one...GPS. After coming from a Cyanogen ROM with all the GPS apps working, I wiped the cache and clean installed the Kangerade.

But now all the apps that use GPS do not work or connect. Usually a FC comes after...small price to pay for a great ROM...but can this be fixed? Or is this just MY issue with MY Droid?

Anyone?

update to 5.0.9 and gps will be fixed.

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Handcent Problem

I installed the handcent app that is available through the scripts and every time I send a message it force closes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I get the same thing. I have tried uninstalling and the downloading from the market, but it won't install the market version.

Any ideas?

devinhfox

Reaction score
When using droidx theme with the white text on black button fix, there are still apps that have black writing on black buttons, kind of a mixture actually. For example pure calendar widget.
Also, some apps write black in the notification bar which makes it unreadable because I have the black notification bar patch.
Is there something I can do about that?

fernandw

Reaction score
Yes, I am having the same issue. I sent them an email this morning...

ditto. think it's safe to say everyone is.

Nope. No problems here. I did have the problem originally described, but I uninstalled then reinstalled with the Swype installer, and it's working just fine for me. This is version 1.56.30.7625, which is the official beta.

If anybody is still using the "leaked" betas or unofficial .apks, there is really no reason to, as the beta is open publicly now:

Swype | Text Input for Screens
That's the version I have, through the official down loader. I don't why it stopped working.

Edit: I removed all of the Swype files and re-booted. Downloaded the Swype Installer and Swype.apk (version 1.56.30.7625t100) and it now works on Kangerade-5.0.9. Go figure... Can't live without Swype these days, let's see how long this fix lasts.

Last edited:

cra

Reaction score
Thanks jrummy for a great ROM. I have one small problem that I managed to fix. The Terminal Emulator as well as ConnectBot appear to be using a non-monospaced (non-fixed-width) font. This causes the cursor position as shown to not line up with its actual position where it should be. It also causes full-screen console apps to display incorrectly, since the text on each line doesn't line up with the other lines. E.g. "ls -l" output isn't lined up in nice even columns. I looked into this and discovered that the /system/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf wasn't a monospaced font. I copied the DroidSansMono.ttf file from the Android SDK (platforms/android-8/data/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf) onto the sdcard and from there to /system/fonts, and this fixed the issue in both the Terminal Emulator as well as ConnectBot.

su
mountsys
cd /system/fonts
cp DroidSansMono.ttf DroidSansMono.ttf.bak
cp /sdcard/DroidSansMono.ttf DroidSansMono.ttf
cd /
unmountsys
exit

I noticed that all the fonts in /system/fonts/ are dated from 2008. Maybe they should be updated to the newest ones? Or are these custom fonts? Either way it would be appreciated if you could fix the Mono one to actually be monospace. Thanks!

Anti_Apple

Reaction score
so lost...

I'm all new to this so please cut me some slack guys... I downloaded the kangerade blue Tom but it didn't install the kangerade scripts app... or maybe it did and I just don't know what the hell I'm doig... I'm trying to get all of those badass wallpapers! Please help me out ladies and gents..

dtdlurch

Reaction score
JRummy,

No complaints here. I just wanted to say how much i love my DroidX themed Kangerade. Havent had any issues yet. This thing is beautiful and it flies.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kingshibby

Reaction score
Just installed the Blueberry theme.

Does the boot screen in Kangerade look the same as the stock boot screen? On my first boot I'm getting the same boot screen as stock and it keeps rebooting every 5 seconds. I'm pretty sure this isn't good, but I wanted to make sure.

securitynick

Reaction score
I think by default, it does use the stock boot screen. BUT if it's looping over and over, then something didn't go right in your ROM installation. Take the battery out (put it back in), slide the phone open, hold "x" and Power button. When screen comes on, you can let go of power, but keep holding "x" till it gets into recovery. If you made a back up, go to the restore option and restore your back up, then try to download the ROM again. If you didn't, then see if you can try to install the ROM again from the "Install Zip" option. You may have to navigate around for the file, but hopefully you'll find it. You can use your Volume keys to move up and down and the camera button selects, power button takes you back a step. Hope that helps. This has happened to me a few times when trying to install various ROMs and I think it's just because a step got skipped or maybe the download of the zip didn't go well.

Last edited:

whiterabbitfound

Reaction score
Just installed Pink life on mine and the red theme on my BF's. Both work great. So far The only problem I have had is with Handcent SMS script. It crashes after ever message sent. I can still send and receive messages but the crashing is annoying. Im still new at this so be gentle. :)