a HANDFUL of texting issues

missbeca03

I'm having a ton of problems with my texting.

1. I don't receive all of the text messages people say they've sent to me
2. Messages are pending for a long period of time before being sent
3. It ( the icon) says I have text messages when I have none
4. The notification doesn't always go off when I do receive a text

Does anyone know what is going on or a way to fix this? It's getting really frustrated

IF you just got this phone, bring it back to VZW asap, get a refund. Not to be a narcissist but if your already experiencing problems with this jammy, then most likely your hair will be completely grey in 2 months.
When I first got this phone I was in LOVE, now I try my hardest not to confuse it, I baby it, give it a nice pat and rub, make sure its happy so it doesnt act like a wild child.

BUT on the flip side this problem may be do to you WiFi and/or Data and how they are being used. (smart actions turns off data at home maybe?)

I dunno. You will be told to download some 3rd party adware riddled program though. Or do a master reset or some fun other stuff like we have nothing better to do.

LOL, my phone is doing that thing now too where it shows I have a new text, yet NONE to be found.

They need to do something about this version of Android, its got a ton of glitches.

djspy

^^ Thank you! This latest boot loader patch update brought a handful of bugs. Good thing I'm getting my Maxx tomorrow.

OP
M

missbeca03

I've had the phone since February. When I first got it, I loved it. Now, I'm stuck with it and people getting mad because I never replied to their text, which I never got. This is awful....

I've had the phone since February. When I first got it, I loved it. Now, I'm stuck with it and people getting mad because I never replied to their text, which I never got. This is awful....

Thank GOD I opted (unknowingly) into the insurance plan. IF this ever happens, I will gladly smash my phone on the ground and use my old phone till the new one comes. And not mind paying the $100 deductible.

Funny thing on the deductible... this phone, if you go to Verizon Wireless.com, they have a "Trade In Program",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, know how much they will give you for this thing?

$106

Thats right! From a 700 buck device to a pitiful 100 bucks in less than a year. NICE!

OP
M

missbeca03

Thank GOD I opted (unknowingly) into the insurance plan. IF this ever happens, I will gladly smash my phone on the ground and use my old phone till the new one comes. And not mind paying the $100 deductible.

Funny thing on the deductible... this phone, if you go to Verizon Wireless.com, they have a "Trade In Program",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, know how much they will give you for this thing?

$106

That's right! From a 700 buck device to a pitiful 100 bucks in less than a year. NICE!

Don't give me ideas..... I do have the insurance plan.... but I'm not sure a newly refurbished version of this phone will work any better then my newish never refurbished phone.

They did come out with the new droids so that probably is part of the reason the trade in is so low. This phone is old news already.

It gives me nightmares to think that I'm stuck with this phone till Feb 2015. (Once I get enough money e-bay may be my new best friend)

lloydsw

An eBay phone allowed me to keep my unlimited data plan. For now anyway. I'm sure VZW is busy figuring out a way to dump us.