Able to replace an old iPod as a Default Music Player?

Drame

Reaction score
I have an old iPod nano that's 4gb, 2nd gen. now this ipod is very much used and I honestly don't think it can last much longer as it already turns itself off at random moments while playing a song.

I was wondering if I can use the Incredible to replace my old battered ipod as my default music player. The only thing I'm looking for in this is that it has decent sound quality that can match my ipod's or get pretty damn near it. I also need it to have a nice way to browse songs in a manner that's pretty default now in most media players, such as by name and artist.

That's really all I'm looking for in the Incredible for it to be able to replace my iPod since from what I'm aware, it already comes with more memory than my old Ipod.

One more thing is, how is the transition between songs and browsing speeds, my current phone takes a while for it too load a new song and start playing it and while browsing songs it takes a noticeable amount of time. I'd like to know if the Incredible is a little more fluid in that

cypherx82

Reaction score
Generally, the songs sound as good as the recording. It has nothing to do with the device.

And transition times are fine. Just the usual two seconds or so that the songs intend.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jomama22

Reaction score
Honestly the sound quality on my droud is better than my itouch gen 2. Much fuller, snappy bass, way clearer highs and less high pitch whining when the pitch gets high.

But a good rule off thumb is that iud you have to ask us, then your not going to notice a difference.

The only problem I have run into is the headphone jack becoming loose or staticy (sp?) Which seems to be a design flaw with the droid

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

Drame

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and I'm sorry it looked like I implied I already had the Incredible (wont' be delivered for a few more days)

But my questions were answered and I still might use it as my default music player, thank you for the quick replies as well :)

cal89

Reaction score
I have to say the droid is a very good ipod, u have to play with the songs till u stick them in the right spot cuz i plugged my fone and sd card in the computer, explored to phone and couldnt find anything for music that i knew of. So i downloaded doubletwist app that organizes ur songs much like the one preinstalled on the phone and then i started copypasting. But before that u have to access ur sd card.and make a.file "music" and then paste the songs in there and it will show up in ur albums as it did for me btw i used itunes for it.

troubling

Reaction score
Generally, the songs sound as good as the recording. It has nothing to do with the device.

That's not true. Same song, same bitrate, and same headphones could sound completely different on different devices. I know this as I've swapped my music between laptops, and AV500 and mp3 players. The device does make a big difference. Music has sounded better on my AV500 compared to anything else to date.

Jejackson

Reaction score
I was an avid ipod touch user before I got my droid. The droid was a suitable replacement, but I still wish it played and organized music like the ipod touch. Granted there are several music apps that all handle this different and works based on personal taste, but when your driving in a car and trying to navigate the songlist, whether it be artist, album, playlist or by song I think the touch did it the best. Now when it comes to just setting a playlist on shuffle and just changing songs the droid wins (if you root) the volume rocker music controls have been very pleasing. changing a song with a push of 1 button is the best way to change a song...its like the good ol days of cd walkmans!

All this being said id have to say I've found the best success in a couple music app alternatives, the stock player just sucks outright and I hope google fixes this with the 3.0 release (which the original droid won't get, so I have to wait a long time):

³ or 'cubed' in market search has the most unique user interface I've seen in a music player, it even has the option to grab album art. If you play around with the settings you'll find its way more diverse than it appears. A lot of people will tell you it doesn't have playlist creation abilities but it does.

MixZing is a good alternative mainly because it allows for automatic playlist creation based on what songs you play, and for the most part it plays the right songs. The interface could be a little better and I could do without the ads on the free version and would pay for it if it weren't 7 bucks.

I hope this helps you or anyone with their thoughts on droid music

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I sold my 32gb ipod touch 3rd gen on craigslist when I got this. I love this phone, just get a big memory card, and know that most songs you purchased from the itunes store will not be playable on your phone. They are DRM-protected and only playable through itunes and ipods.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The music player is very basic but surprisingly good sounding. From the reviews from the experts I read I was expecting dime store brand quality but the bass is crisp and tight, mids accurate and highs sounding natural. Other than occasional clicks its a very pleasant listening experience. I've found multi tasking to be unaffected as well.
I hate to sound cliche but it is the best sounding music player I've heard on a phone.
Its options are very basic and 0 way to equalise but it really doesn't need any. I've been especially impressed with how well it has kept the airyness of some if my music like Joe Jacksons The Verdict, Tears For Fears stuff and live takes that the audience and arena was not edited out initially

wified from my Incredible monolith using SlideIT on Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah Tears for Fears.they have so much going on in the background.some of their songs I've been listening to for years and still hear little nuggets I've never noticed before, especially Songs from the Big Chair tunes like Listen and Broken, same thing with Simple Minds stuff

wified from my Incredible monolith using Swype on Tapatalk