Absolute System-LithMod Edition

rbbrock

Reaction score
Is there a trick to uninstalling this? The button to uninstall is grayed out in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

rbbrock

Reaction score
Is there a trick to uninstalling this? The button to uninstall is grayed out in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

Yeah like i put in the Original post once you download the market version just open it up goto App Management Removal hit the Menu button on your phone to popup a Filter Locations menu select /system/app and just find Absolute System and uninstall it :)

Hah, reading comprehension failure there. I didn't catch that it should be uninstalled from within the new version. Thanks. :blush:

rbbrock

Reaction score
Yeah like i put in the Original post once you download the market version just open it up goto App Management Removal hit the Menu button on your phone to popup a Filter Locations menu select /system/app and just find Absolute System and uninstall it :)

Hah, reading comprehension failure there. I didn't catch that it should be uninstalled from within the new version. Thanks. :blush:

haha no problems, hell half the stuff i type usually doesn't make any sense, so I just wanted to reiterate :) as i don't actually think my OP made sense haha
let me know if it won't work for ya

Worked like a charm. :)

listenman20

Reaction score
quick question in the App Management Removal should I add an option to just clear the cache of the app? leaving it installed just clearing data/cache?

well that would probably be helpful to those who are having problems downloading or installing an update to an app. such as all the problems they've had with maps when updates come to those on custom ROMs.

Droid_2010

Reaction score
I had installed an older backup so I wouldn't mess anything up (Kangerade 5.0.9) to try to learn the ins and outs of Titanium Backup and in the process also installed a Kernel that the phone didn't get along with (or I might have removed a system file I shouldn't have) Bottom line I had to pull the battery and do a full wipe in recovery and it installed a fresh copy of Kangerade 5.0.9. It had a sweet boot animation of a Chrome "DROID" that sparkled at the end. For some reason I never saw that boot animation the whole time I ran 5.0.9, but is there any way to get that boot animation? Or get it added to the next update of Absolute System?

BTW, back on lithium and just upgraded to the newest Absolute System. Awesome App. Thanks for your work on this app. It's an awesome tool.

dpaine88

Reaction score
Getting FC's while trying to access the apps2sd part of it.

dpaine88

Reaction score
coming up fine in terminal, who knows.

how do I move existing apps onto the SD card though? its greyed outfor a lot of apps and it looks like the app2sd just sets the default location for new apps i download

foxdog

Reaction score
Updated the app on the market. Anyone who was having troubles modifying any system files like fonts, apps etc, give this version a go and tell me if it'll work for you know :)

Your just rocking this app. Good job man

goodBEan

Reaction score
I was running Kangernade and updated to lithium the other day. I tired using the version of absolute system to get rid of the stuff I didn't want. Every time I tired to uninstall quickoffice, absolute system locked up like crazy. I got so fustrated that I restored my kangernade backup.

Last edited:

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
Is there any way to change font size? Some of the fonts I add are too big and make everything look rediculous...

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

goodBEan

Reaction score
I am trying lithium and absolute system again. Even after I do an update via market, I still cannot uninstall programs from it. AS just locks up when I try to remove an app, at least I think its locked up. A pogress bar or animation would be usefull.

I am just trying to remove quickoffice, music app, and pandora.

Also kangernade scripts had a problem with installing bootanimations into \system\ instead of \local\data, does absolute have that problem.

EDIT: Nevermind I found out about the allinone script and it got the job done.

Last edited:

Xtreme0823

Reaction score
Was just wondering if there is a way to apply fonts. I choose the font it applies and I reboot. But the fonts do not change. I tried this with both, fonts included w/Absolute System and using my own fonts. Any Ideas?? Thanks

elwood1229

Reaction score
I am having the same difficulty as Xtreme0823. I have the latest version of Absolute System-LithMod Edition. I am trying to download the "stock" font to help with the call answer slider issue. When I try to download the font, the request to reboot appears so quickly that it doesn't seem that it has had time to download the font. Rebooting doesn't appear to change the font and when I look at the list of downloaded fonts listed in Absolute System it shows "null" as the only downloaded font.

Any help would be appreciated!

Elwood

elwood1229

Reaction score
Thanks for the response and sorry you are not feeling well. I am using SU 2.3 and Absolute System is listed as having permissions. I was able to download the stock font through the Allinone script, but am still having problems with the answer call slider, but that is for another thread!

Elwood