Adapter for car stereo aux port?

ntimid8r

Reaction score
I've searched the forum but didn't find anything on this subject.

I don't have an ipod or any type of portable music player...until now with my droid. My questions is....Is there a cable adapter to plug the droid into the aux port on my car stereo (stock system on '08 Honda Civic)? And follow up question to that....How would I play the music from my droid through the car stereo system?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, just without any ipod/portable music device experience...I'm starting at ground zero.:confused:

:motdroidvert:

That's it??? Wow...sounds too easy to be true. :rofl3: Well now to get that cable and try it out. Thanks for the reply!! I'll post up once I get it all going.
:rockon:

it is way too easy. Just make sure you make the volume on droid about 2/3s full - any higher you will get crackling/distortion

get an AUX cable and you're set. The built AUX in the Civics are great, sound quality isn't lost at all unlike in aftermarket HU.

And yes, don't put the droid volume up all the way, the crackling gets annoying.

it is way too easy. Just make sure you make the volume on droid about 2/3s full - any higher you will get crackling/distortion

get an AUX cable and you're set. The built AUX in the Civics are great, sound quality isn't lost at all unlike in aftermarket HU.

And yes, don't put the droid volume up all the way, the crackling gets annoying.
Yeah I read on other threads about the noise crackling issue. I'm not a loud music person, so for me that won't be an issue. I just wanted to have my own playlist to have for roadtrips and NOT have to own an ipod to do so. I feel like I've cheated the system by having music feed capability from my mobile device!!!! whooo-hooooo
:icon_ banana:

BestBuy carrys the cable, no adapter needed, plenty long enough too.

I run my Droid at 3/4 volume out and no noise or crackling at all.

Radio Shack my friend...... all the adapters for audio video you need

BestBuy carrys the cable, no adapter needed, plenty long enough too.

I run my Droid at 3/4 volume out and no noise or crackling at all.
Believe it or not my local Radio Shack shut down. :mad: Looks like I'll go to Best Buy then to get the cable.

I sorta like the retractable cable from the link that M1dnite posted up. But seeing how it's not a bank breaker....I'll get the cable at Best Buy tonight and maybe order the retractable one and wait on UPS for that one.
:happy2:

Stopped by Target and Best Buy....OUCH....they want almost $10 for a cable?!?!?! That's a no go in my book. I'll order from monoprice.com, their price is under a buck. I'm sure shipping will be like $5...but still much better price. I'll go find another Radio Shack to check their prices tomorrow.

i was in target tonight for something else but decided to look for the cable and they had them for 6.99 the retractable aux cable.

Back