ADW Launcher vs. LauncherPro Beta

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Been using LauncherPro Beta and just switched over to ADW Launcher with installing CyanogenMod and I feel like ADW is a lot smoother but I love the LauncherPro Beta widgets. Any opinions? :icon_ banana:

JimmyD

Reaction score
I too prefer LP over ADW. I was originally a Helix user, then switched to ADW. Once I found LP, I never turned back!

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just played around with ADW for a couple hours and it SUCKS in landscape mode, only thing I really like better about it is the swipe up and down gestures that you can set up apps to.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It used to be called that, guess I was used to calling it that. LauncherPro Plus is what I have too and I love the widgets.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Used LP exclusivly before Pro was released. Had to give it up because of the FC problems I was having. Been using ADW ever since. Smoother for me IMO.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
personally, i get a lot less screen redraws with ADW - might just be my phone. i also like ADW because of the ability to size the widgets (1x1, 4x1, 4x4, etc...). but, i don't want to denigrate LPP, cuz i really like Fede's work!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Used launcher pro but the redraws and fcs were to much so went to adw, much smoother for me.

holdfast

Reaction score
personally, i get a lot less screen redraws with ADW - might just be my phone. i also like ADW because of the ability to size the widgets (1x1, 4x1, 4x4, etc...). but, i don't want to denigrate LPP, cuz i really like Fede's work!

You can now re-size any widget using Launcher Pro Plus.

I have tried a few other home screen apps but nothing beats LPP. By far the best usable settings and widgets. Also constant support and updates.

ben360923

Reaction score
Running 2.2 stock motor Droid, I was using helix, but after update, I had to uninstall. I am currently using adw, I love this browser. I did try launcher pro, but went back to adw! I am sure alot of personal preferences come into play here! Maidancedroidn thing is keep the Droid happy! dancedroid

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice ADW running terribly in landscape?

bmb0205

Reaction score
Used LP until it became way too bloated with features I didnt need, that slowed my phone down.

Switched to ADW and love it. Running it on UD 7.0 at 800mhz and my phone is faster than it was running BBv.4 or CM RC3 at 1000+mhz using LP

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have ran all three, and all three have their own issues, so you wont see me saying one over another at all.

My suggestion is to run each and see what works better on your specific loadout. :)