After Root, no battery life improvement?

Reaction score
So I Rooted my wife's DInc the other day and then used Root Explorer to rename and move Bloatware to the SD Card. I don't have the full list of programs that I removed, but it had to be close to 90%, if not 100% of the removable Bloat from her phone.

She doesn't have a ton loaded onto her phone as far as widgets. She's not a heavy user, but likes to text. Only one email account (POP) that I think is set to poll every 30 minutes for email.

I asked her how her battery was after root and bloat removal and she said that she didn't notice any change for the better. When I get home, I will post the list of programs I removed, but until then, anyone have any idea why with the same use and less/no bloat, why the battery didn't improve?

aarcher

Reaction score
I went from a live wallpaper to a static one and that helped a lot. I have read that Android claims background running apps don't hurt batt life much because of the way the OS handles them when they're not in the foreground; not sure I believe that myself though..

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

cpjr

Reaction score
Well, if the bloat you removed wasnt syncing to anything or running in the background then it will have no effect on battery life.

For example...the blockbuster app, if on, updates the movie listings automatically and that will use battery. So removing that sync will help. Now, removing a preloaded game or something that is just sitting there, will have no effect on the battery.

The biggest drain is syncing, either in the foreground or background.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Well, if the bloat you removed wasnt syncing to anything or running in the background then it will have no effect on battery life.

For example...the blockbuster app, if on, updates the movie listings automatically and that will use battery. So removing that sync will help. Now, removing a preloaded game or something that is just sitting there, will have no effect on the battery.

The biggest drain is syncing, either in the foreground or background.

You post makes complete sense, but my situation doesn't... on my Thunderbolt, I removed basically the same Apps that I did on my wife's DInc, and neither of us had and Sync relationships setup before they were removed. My battery life is now nearly double what it was before root/bloat. "Strange things are afoot the Circle K..."