Android KitKat 4.4.4 on Wednesday for VZW Xs?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Honestly, I'm not in any hurry to jump to 4.4.4. The main reason is I'm not sure all the Xposed mods I use will still work :p

Tapped from a Moto X

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
You gonna root it?

Tapped from a Moto X

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Haven't found a need to root this one. I rooted my first couple of Androids because I was trying to squeeze performance out of them. This thing has remained so snappy.

Reactions: CJM

LoudRam

Silver Member
I'm trying to be patient and wait until VZ decides that it's my turn. I tried pulling it but I got nothing so far.

TatDroid

I tried yesterday and got "phone is up to date". But when I woke up this morning the update was waiting for me to install.

LoudRam

Silver Member
I gave it one last try last night around 1230, just before I went to bed and I was able to pull it. The only thing I was really waiting for was the new dialer. I couldn't stand the old recent call list. I hope this one is better. The update cleared my list so we'll see what it looks like after a few calls.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
For those that haven't received it yet, the article I linked has fairly easy to follow instructions for downloading and intalling yourself.

IIGood

Silver Member
Got my update earlier today. Did a manual check and it started downloading it. I haven't really messed with it much to see any difference, though I did notice the new dialer.