Any news on a armband made for the droid?

crspyjohn

Reaction score
I been googling everywhere but every thread is a few months outdated. Does anyone know of any armbands made for the droid or any coming out in the near future?

I've been using the xtrememac model IPP-SWP-13 for the iphone/ipod touch. Fits the best compared to those I found from Belkin, Griffin, and universal armbands in my local stores. The plastic face is thin enough that it doesn't interfere with the touch screen capability.

Because I use an invisible shield on my droid, some armbands make it difficult to slide in and out due to the "sticky-ness" of the shield.

With the extrememac, the plastic and neoprene material is smooth enough to easily slide the droid in out w/ no problem.

People using cases probably would not want to use this armband.

GL.

http://www.xtrememac.com/Products/Sportwrap2/Sportwrap-for-iPhone-3GS---Black/

Last edited:
Does that armband from extrememac close on top? Meaning, if I wanted to have my Droid upside down so I could read it more easily, could I do that? Though, it would be more convenient for headphones, were it just open on the top. Since our headphone jacks are in a different place than the iPhone's.

I use the Belkin armband made for the iPhone. It fits in exceptionally snug (no case).

I use the Belkin armband made for the iPhone. It fits in exceptionally snug (no case).

How does that band fit? I've noticed some reviews saying it's really snug, even for people who don't have bigger arms. Mine aren't small and I'm looking to increase size. :lifting:

I use the xtreme max armband as well. It holds my Droid even with the extended battery. I will say I have to force it on because of the extra bulk but it works great. There are headphones openings at the top and bottom of the armband so you can put your phone in any position. This the best armband I've used for my Droid.

How does that band fit? I've noticed some reviews saying it's really snug, even for people who don't have bigger arms. Mine aren't small and I'm looking to increase size. :lifting:

Fits fine for me, but if you look up lanky in the dictionary, there's a picture of me. Breaking out a tape measure, it looks like the max circumference of your arms can be about 14 inches. It stretches a bit, but not much. There might be a better solution for you.

The other one that I use works really well and might work well for you, it's the armband military personnel use to carry their ID and personal information. It's much more dynamic in size... I cant seem to find a link to one, but they're sold in every military clothing store in the country.

Does that armband from extrememac close on top? Meaning, if I wanted to have my Droid upside down so I could read it more easily, could I do that? Though, it would be more convenient for headphones, were it just open on the top. Since our headphone jacks are in a different place than the iPhone's.

There is a flap to close the top. In fact, I strap my droid upside down to make it easier to read. Hasn't fallen out yet and I doubt it will on my 5K run. There is an access on the flap perfectly located for headphones on the droid and it's np at all. I use it when my BT headphones out of power.

Thanks y'all for the help! I'll look into all of those. Maybe Miller's Outpost carries the GI ID arm bands. I'm on Run.GPS and Soft Race if anyone ever wants to have a race. I'm just getting over Mono right now, so I'm a bit slower than I used to be. But hopefully, I'll be back up to speed here pretty quick.

I went to office depot, looking for the xtrememac armband, but they didn't carry it in store. They did, however have the belkin dualfit armband. So I got that for instant gratification. Seems to fit pretty snug on both my Droid and my arm. It will do for now, but I think I'll need to get a bigger band eventually. The plastic case doesn't seem to have much of a negative effect on using the screen though. So that's nice. I think I'll still look at the other suggestions to see if they might be even better than this is.

Back