Any way to root 2.3.4?

Insidious

Reaction score
My girlfriend has a Dinc2 and wants to root it, she's running GB 2.3.4 and I told her id gather infortmation and help her with it since I'm pretty big into rooting, romming, and tweaking. I've been digging around and only have found a temporary root. Has a permanent exploit been found yet?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Pete's Droid one click will root it on dx2 so I don't see why it wouldn't work for an Inc

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Dunnski21

Reaction score

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to downgrade first, then install a ROM that has 2.3.4 baked in. There are no other options at this point.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
and it's pretty painless. I just did it.

I don't see much point in rooting if all you want is screenshots. Take your digital camera and snap pictures. lol
Now if you want no bloat you should root and then ROM.
I can't begin to tell you how much nicer these phones are on 2.3.5 and the newer Sense 3.0 or 3.5.

jgar

Reaction score
You have to downgrade first, then install a ROM that has 2.3.4 baked in. There are no other options at this point.
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have found plenty of info about rooting on windows but I have not found any responses that relate to trying to root a verizon htc incredible w/2.3.4 on a mac.I have (3) Mac's so I'm hoping i can do it on one of them. One is a Imac running 10.4.11, one is a white MacBook running 10.5 and one is a MacBook Pro running 10.7. About a year ago i was able to use UnRevoked on my old phone but it doesn't seem to work now.
Thanks for any help!

Krennel

Reaction score
You could unlock your bootloader using HTC's dev tool, install clockwork recovery, and install the root zip that way.

Sent from something Incredible

thfd334

Reaction score
Don't you void the warranty anytime you root a phone? (A serious question)

I wouldn't recommend that because for one HTC will have your serial on record.

And in order to flash a rom you have to unpack it remove the boot.img pack it back up then flash it

Then load the boot.img and flash it through hboot.

Too much hassle and you "willingly" give up your warranty.

My wife has a Samsung Strato 4g and we both love that phone running 2.3.5 Is there a way yet to get .5 on the dinc2? I currently have .4 and tried repeatedly through unrevoked to downgrade with no success. For some reason it simply would not downgrade at all. Any suggestions or answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

thfd334

Reaction score
Sorry. The only way currently is to root and install a custom ROM.

Yep I'm on my DInc2.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to do but unable to downgrade. The unrevoked just wouldn't work on my dinc2. I would just like either 2.3.5 or ICS (if available)

Krennel

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend that because for one HTC will have your serial on record.

And in order to flash a rom you have to unpack it remove the boot.img pack it back up then flash it

Then load the boot.img and flash it through hboot.

Too much hassle and you "willingly" give up your warranty.

I can understand the warranty piece, I only did it because I only had a few months left and I didn't really need it.

I'm not sure what you're on about with the unpacking and loading the boot.img though. I just unlocked the bootloader and flashed CWM, and now I can flash and install .zip files at will.

bigdigmccoy

Reaction score
if anyone wants to root, without downgrading to 2.3.3, this tool worked for me:

http://www.unlockroot.com/unlockroot.php

It's probably S-ON (im too lazy to check)

but I really only rooted to delete some of the bloat stuff, make screenshots available, freeze apps, etc.

figured i'd at least mention it

andysom25

Reaction score
Which phone do I pick didn't see the incredible 2 ?

Never mind found it haha

Last edited:

sjpritch25

Reaction score
My wife has a Samsung Strato 4g and we both love that phone running 2.3.5 Is there a way yet to get .5 on the dinc2? I currently have .4 and tried repeatedly through unrevoked to downgrade with no success. For some reason it simply would not downgrade at all. Any suggestions or answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well unrevoked was only for froyo, so i would imagine you have the latest firmware with is 6.****. You can check my going into settings and about phone. If that's the case it will a little harder to s-off the phone.
[Guide] How To Downgrade 6.01.605.05 and gain S-Off - xda-developers

drkilljoy

Reaction score
PereDroid said:
and it's pretty painless. I just did it.

I don't see much point in rooting if all you want is screenshots. Take your digital camera and snap pictures. lol
Now if you want no bloat you should root and then ROM.
I can't begin to tell you how much nicer these phones are on 2.3.5 and the newer Sense 3.0 or 3.5.

With the new update from VZW/ HTC screenshots are a base feature by holding the power button and pressing the home key...just info for those who didnt already know