anybody elses ADW suck?

supremekizzle

Reaction score
My ADW is slow as hell on going back to the homescreen. Anybody else having this prob? I love ADW and don't want to give it up but its really annoying me. I heard comcache might help but I've heard more bad than good.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I too love ADW, but with the last update something changed and it's laggy and FC's. I changed back to LP and it's working much better.

Pain or damage or even beatings don't end the world. The world end when you're dead. Until then you have more punishment store. Stand out like a man and give some back. Oh yeah I still use Tapatalk.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Na, adw is running fine for me. I don't load it up with a lot of widgets, but between flockscreen and quickdesk they sure make of for that.

Have you tried backing up your settings and reinstalling adw?

Sent from my Droid

Yianaki

Reaction score
ADW working fine for me just love it. 5 screens audio, calendar, news widgets covering 3 screens. I have it set up as so: scrolling cache set to low, Wallpaper Hack, System Persitant, I have 5 rows 4 columns, and I have rotate screen disabled. I do have MinFreeManager setup as 6 8 16 20 22 44 from Forground to Empty app apply at boot. I do rember having some FC issues with the ROMS default mem settings. This is a pretty nice setup.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just strap it on and use LP!! End of story.

HA! Many of people LOVE adw (over 600k downloads off the market + all the people who use the system version in cyanogenmod). Please try to recommend something a little less hard headed...

Sent from my Droid

wingdo

Reaction score

Sorry, LP is slow and laggy for me (I have the paid version). ADW is far more responsive. 5 home screens, 11 widgets and no redraws see the above thread on LP for how to stop most of the redraws). I use news widgets, youtube, music, agenda, facebook, twitter etc. Nothing wrong with ADW as long as you set it up for speed as opposed to the defaults.

kevdog

Reaction score

Sorry, LP is slow and laggy for me (I have the paid version). ADW is far more responsive. 5 home screens, 11 widgets and no redraws see the above thread on LP for how to stop most of the redraws). I use news widgets, youtube, music, agenda, facebook, twitter etc. Nothing wrong with ADW as long as you set it up for speed as opposed to the defaults.

Maybe a specific tutorial (not with links) is needed in order to show people how to do this!!

portermac

Reaction score
I have home switcher and was going back and forth with adw and lp. I really wish lp wasn't so laggy. I've been on adw with 5 home screens and maybe 50 or 60 apps on the screens with no problems for about 2 month's now. I love how you can put more rows and columns in adw.

wingdo

Reaction score
Maybe a specific tutorial (not with links) is needed in order to show people how to do this!!

In ADW settings:
Screen Preferences:
Desktop Scrolling Speed: around 150-175
Desktop Overshoot: 0 (no higher than 10)

Drawer Settings:
uncheck animated drawer

System Preferences:
Wallpaper hack: checked
Scrolling Cache: low quality
scrollable widget support: (unchecked unless you MUST have)
system persistent: unchecked

Also from a terminal window type each line followed by <enter> after each line:

su
echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop

Reboot.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
ADW works faster and smoother than LauncherPro for me. LauncherPro for me was laggy, even though it is also a really cool launcher.

Armyof2

Reaction score
If you do the echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop command in terminal emulator it will solve pretty much all the redraw issues with any of the launcher programs.