Anyone else expending a battery problems?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Where can I get a new battery professionally installed or trade in my RMHD for a refurbished device with a brand new battery onboard. My RMHD is two years old now and the battery is getting noticeably worn out. I've done FDRs numerous times to get rid of unwanted junk. So I'm pretty sure the battery is just old. I love the phone but Motorola has been dropping the ball big time with their newest devices so I can't get a new moto phone. Anyone know??
Contact Motorola.. I believe it's less than 100$ and the replacement battery and work comes with a warranty. The turn around time is a week or less. I'm sure that there are other companies out there that offer the service too...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Contact Motorola.. I believe it's less than 100$ and the replacement battery and work comes with a warranty. The turn around time is a week or less. I'm sure that there are other companies out there that offer the service too...

Actually ... and I just verified this... if you contact Moto and tell them your you want a new battery in your phone, they will send you a refurb. For free.
Seriously.
I about fell out of my chair.
You can either send them yours, and they will send you one back. OR put up a $99 deposit, they will send you one and only keep your money if you don't send yours back.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
[08:22:34 AM] Hi, my name is Paul. How may I help you?
[08:22:39 AM] Tony: Hi Paul
[08:23:09 AM] Tony: Real quick: what is the cost and turn around time of sending my Moto Razr HD to you to have the battery replaced?
[08:23:41 AM] Paul: I do apologize for that
[08:23:54 AM] Paul: We do have 2 options here :

First is the Return and Replace, you will send your defective device first to us, once we receive it we will send you the new replacement.

Second option is the Secured Advanced Exchange, we will send you the new replacement first, but we need your credit card information for the $99 security hold. The security hold will be refunded after we receive your defective device.

You will receive the replacement phone within 3 - 4 business days.
[08:23:54 AM] Tony: no need, to apologize, I've had it a long time
[08:23:59 AM] Tony: I know they don't last forever
[08:24:42 AM] Tony: oh... so you swap the phone, you don't install a new battery?
[08:24:53 AM] Tony: in both cases?
[08:25:03 AM] Paul: That is correct.
[08:25:15 AM] Tony: OK. Thanks!
[08:25:44 AM] Paul: You're welcome.

Reactions: 24c

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Interesting....Usually they send you a replacement and then you send yours back. Each carrier/mfctr is different though.

tap'n on my S5

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Anyone elses phones feel like they are on friggin fire lately? Had my phone plugged in, 100% and now after one phone call its at 74% and driving home from getting my haircut, I literally had to take it out of my pocket it was so hot.

I know I know, all I do is complain, but this is ridiculous. I am certain my phone is a dud now, and probably always has been like you guys said. And I might just get a refurb because honestly... it cant get much worse than this phone. Its so bad now, I cant even do a Cache Wipe (yes, well aware of the new way to do it, doesnt work) and get this... I cannot even delete an app without the phone turning off....

And listen up, I am no Apple fan boy, I dont think Ill be getting an iPhone after all. I played with too many Androids that were like SILK, restoring my faith in Android (though iOS is a really good OS as well).

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Get the Note 4. It even comes with software just like iTunes that will make backups of everything on your phone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am certain my phone is a dud now, and probably always has been like you guys said. And I might just get a refurb because honestly... it cant get much worse than this phone. Its so bad now, I cant even do a Cache Wipe (yes, well aware of the new way to do it, doesnt work) and get this... I cannot even delete an app without the phone turning off....

I'm not sure about the RMHD, but with the RAZR M the cache process is a little different again with the latest system update...seems to work better. But it sounds like that will nor help tour phone. If you can't even uninstall an app...that is not normal. I would say either a Factory Reset is in order or a replacement phone from Verizon / Moto if you still have warranty or insurance. But they normally ask if you have already done a Factory Reset before they send a replacement.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The reason it feels like it's on fire and is sucking battery is that something is causing your processor to cycle and therefore get hot... A hung up or rogue app is the probable cause..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wow, Jim. NOT jumping to iOS? Thought for sure we had lost you.
Have you received the very latest update. Within like a week or so? These patches that have come out recently have caused more trouble then they were worth. But this last one is SUPPOSED to be pretty good.
We all whined that we wanted KK and when we got it... it made our phones do funky things.
Battery life took a hit, the "Wifi and Bluetooth couldn't be on together issue". It has been a bumpy road.

I am ready for a new phone too, Jimmy. Even though I haven't had quite the issues you have... it's time. This thing is tired...

lloydsw

Reaction score
Since I now have an unlocked bootloader, I'm running CM 11. Haven't had any of the problems plaguing stock kk.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Unlocked running Validus ROM. It's fantastic. Battery still not great, though. I'm starting to think it's just old.

However, Qualcomm, the company that makes the processor in our phones, just came out with this.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app
I've had it running for 5 days now. Yesterday my phone actually went all day on a charge.
(Did not open the battery killer Ingress once yesterday so that helps).

lloydsw

Reaction score
Validus seems to be a very popular ROM for my tablet. I haven't taken the plunge yet tho.

Back when I was limited to what worked with safestrap, Nexesque was my favorite. Now that I'm unlocked, I've actually thought about going back to JB so I could use it.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Yeah Pere, think Ill hand in with Android, just one thing is for certain, at least I know now what to look for, I know you and a lot of other like this phone, and its true, mine is probably defective, but I know the tell tale signs at least now a crap phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I will say this much... the phone that replaced ours? The Droid Ultra? With the quad core processor... that thing is blazing fast. Saw my buddy over the weekend with one. He's had it probably 8 months. Silky smooth and fast as hell. Had me looking at Swappa for an upgrade it was so nice. Seriously.