Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Wow. Just went back and read the first 100 or so posts again also. Holy nostalgia Batman. Hard to believe we have been talking watches for almost 2 years now in this one thread alone. Awesome!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
No doubt. It's past my bedtime, but I may have to go through the whole thread if I have spare time tomorrow.

Now I'm curious if I posted when I got my Urbane in this thread...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Sounds like you do. I didn't notice at first either, until I'd take my phone out to check Twitter & see notifications or see notifications on the forum in my browser on my PC.

Goes to show how much I take the watch for granted. I just assume it's working & I'm not getting any notifications.

Exactly. I did notice that my wrist seemed "quiet" today, but was so busy I didn't give it any thought. Now I will...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I may have had an intermittent issue in my truck today, but not certain. My sweet lady wasn't talking to me. She didn't read my texts, but I was able talk over Bluetooth while driving. I'll post close attention for awhile...

That happens to me, my wife (Turbo 2) and daughter sometime also (Moto X). I think those are network issues, or issues with the Moto server that handles the speech-to-text translation.

I still haven't drank that koolaid yet. Though, my commute is only a few minutes & my wife I'd generally either taking care of the baby or already at work by the time I leave in the morning.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh! You reminded me that I wanted to say kudos to LG for keeping up with the security updates on my watch! Haha!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I still haven't drank that koolaid yet. Though, my commute is only a few minutes & my wife I'd generally either taking care of the baby or already at work by the time I leave in the morning.

What? Crazy. You need to setup driving mode. It's awesome.

Past my bedtime here also. But you definitely need to try it.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Frigging not even midnight. Past bedtimes? Please. The Indians just won game 1! Woohoo! :D
Ok, G'night. ;)

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force

You really need to try it out Jonny. It's really helpful & pretty stinkin' cool!

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Wow,how could this thread be popular again?:eek:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...I've still been having intermittent issues with not getting notified on the watch even though everything says it's connected...

One more thing I thought of this morning. Make sure Android Wear is not set as Optimized in the new Marshmallow Battery Optimization settings. If it is set to Optimized then Doze will mess up the notifications between the phone and watch. You are probably aware of that Jonny, but other folks might not be aware of that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
One more thing I thought of this morning. Make sure Android Wear is not set as Optimized in the new Marshmallow Battery Optimization settings. If it is set to Optimized then Doze will mess up the notifications between the phone and watch. You are probably aware of that Jonny, but other folks might not be aware of that.
Yup. I'm good on that front, but thanks for putting the reminder out there!

So far, I seem to be getting notifications on the watch today. I had a moment of panic when I saw on my phone that I had a new email, but I swiped up on the watch and there it was! Haha!

Also, I turned the driving mode on in the Moto app on my phone. As I suspected, she didn't say anything during my 3 minute drive to work today. o_O

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
It's not on my list over here. I think it was some glitch with Bluetooth. Not sure if it was the phone or the watch. It's working fine this morning
I'll be watching more closely, that's for sure...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yup. I'm good on that front, but thanks for putting the reminder out there!

So far, I seem to be getting notifications on the watch today. I had a moment of panic when I saw on my phone that I had a new email, but I swiped up on the watch and there it was! Haha!

Also, I turned the driving mode on in the Moto app on my phone. As I suspected, she didn't say anything during my 3 minute drive to work today. o_O
Tell your wife to text you on the way home...just so you can try it out.