Anyone having problems with receiving calls on the Galaxy S3

chaldo26

Reaction score
I have a galaxy S3 and am finding people cannot call me when the phone is not active / awake. If the screen is active / on, people can call me without any problem. If I have NOT been using the phone for say 15 minutes (phone is on but screen is not) my phone never receives calls.

As soon as I wake-up the phone, I am able to receive call without any problem. Anyone else encountering this problem? Any ideas other than keeping the screen on all of the time. :)

I am wondering if this has something to do with ice cream sandwich and how it handles multitasking.

Last edited:

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have no problem receiving calls when the S3 screen is off. Sounds like Tango may be the problem.

OP
C

chaldo26

Reaction score
I have no problem receiving calls when the S3 screen is off. Sounds like Tango may be the problem.

I dont even have the tango app. and i dnot have the option on my phone to enable background data. i go to settings>accounts and sync> and background data is not there.

pk3m

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issue with phone calls on my GS3 (verizon). I have a number of cases when people were not able to reach me and I want to believe it also has to do with the phone being inactive. However, I only owned this phone for just about a week now so I'm hesitant to put my money on it quite yet.

I'm also experiencing issues with my gmail and weather info not syncing real-time. New emails don't push through for sometimes hours unless I manually go in and sync gmail. Weather doesn't seem to sync at all unless I manually press the sync button.

Roget83

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I had the phone that I upgraded from turned on, using it in its dock as a clock. I turned it off and started receiving calls. I still wanted to use it as a clock so I had to reset my s3 and open a new Google account. Its been 4 days and I haven't missed a call. I found merging the two accounts added my contacts without affecting the calls.

OP
C

chaldo26

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I had the phone that I upgraded from turned on, using it in its dock as a clock. I turned it off and started receiving calls. I still wanted to use it as a clock so I had to reset my s3 and open a new Google account. Its been 4 days and I haven't missed a call. I found merging the two accounts added my contacts without affecting the calls.

I upgraded from a fliphone LG Octane (lol). It is turned off but still not receiving most calls.

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issue with phone calls on my GS3 (verizon). I have a number of cases when people were not able to reach me and I want to believe it also has to do with the phone being inactive. However, I only owned this phone for just about a week now so I'm hesitant to put my money on it quite yet.

I'm also experiencing issues with my gmail and weather info not syncing real-time. New emails don't push through for sometimes hours unless I manually go in and sync gmail. Weather doesn't seem to sync at all unless I manually press the sync button.

This often happens on my maxx (the emails), it's in some odd way related to my iPad lol. Assuming I don't delete emails on one device, you would think they would show up on both. However this is not the case, usually one device will get the emails and the otherone won't until I manually sync, currently they're both getting them instantly. What I usually have to do when this happens is remove the email account and add the, back manually. Of course the only reason I know when my maxx isn't getting them, is because of my iPad beeping lol.

TwiztidJman

Reaction score
Yea ive had the GS3 now for 4 days and ive had to restart my phone more then i use it due to never having service. Everytime the phone goes to sleep i lose service and wont get service back unless i restart the phone.

contactparag

Reaction score
Yea ive had the GS3 now for 4 days and ive had to restart my phone more then i use it due to never having service. Everytime the phone goes to sleep i lose service and wont get service back unless i restart the phone.

Hey guys!

Any update on reolving this issue?

I have S3 which goes to voice mail (sometimes).
I replaced the phone also (with new one) because first one was having problem of not receiving calls (some times).
The new S3 also has the same issue! Once phone goes to sleep, I can't receive calls (not immediately after sleep).

Roget83

Reaction score
I started having the same trouble, missing calls . I change my phone number, even though that should have nothing to do with it, it seems to have helped. It has been almost 3 months since I changed my phone number and I have only had 1 call go straight to voicemail.