Anyone still has ICS for wifi problem with JB?

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Hi to all!
Since I've updated to JB stock rom, I can't connect to some routers: it remains frozen on "connecting".
I've found this solution:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-general-discussion/239333-complete-jellybean-thread-32.html#post2404745
but replacing the wpa_supplicant file with that one solved my problem for example with my router at home, but it still gives me problems with other routers, so that I have to "switch" between the two wpa_supplicant, and it's very annoying.

So, if someone still has ICS stock rom and has not updated to JB yet, could be so kind to post the wpa_supplicant file? I'd like to try if this could definitely solve the wifi problem.

The file is in /system/bin and you need to be root to get it and to use a file manager which allows to access system files, like "File Manager" or "ES File Explorer" from Google Play.

Many thanks in advance!

OP
Mr_Wolf

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Ok, if someone is interested, I extracted the wpa_supplicant from the ICS rom downloaded from here (4.0.4):
Droid-Developers SBF
It took me some times to understand how to do; eventually, I did it mounting the system.img file under Linux.

The bad news is: it doesn't work... :icon_ cry:
That is: I replaced the original wpa_supplicant with the one I extracted, and still it remains on "connecting...". I don't know, I thougth it'd work. I just can think the wpa_supplicant from ICS is not the only file to replace, that is: there's something else involved in the problem.