Aosp d2g reort please do nt post here if you are not a developer thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
I am still trying to get aosp rom in order i must be missing something what are the bare min system files needed to boot up as last night bricked my phone & it took me 9 hours to finally get the sbf working.

So guys what are the bare min system files needed in a rom to get it booted ?

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
At a minimum you need many of the D2G /system/lib files. I think we are just lucky that the D2 is "pretty" similar to the D2G. The hardware is "close enough" to just barely work. I think the frameworks would need to be modified to boot anything else on the D2 (for example a D1 rom...I personally haven't messed with it much though).

Also the kernels are a pretty big part of custom roms...the D2 and D2G presumably have similar kernels, that, although locked, are again "close enough" to get D2 Roms to boot on D2G.

I think the kernel is going to be a huge hurdle for a true AOSP rom. I don't the AOSP frameworks are compatible with the Moto Kernel. There are a couple guys that have built AOSP roms for the D2, but they are missing some functionality. I'm pretty sure that is why nearly all roms for D2, DX and D2G heavily modified Moto Frameworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.