[ROM Tools] Team Get~R~Done D2G Rom-er Tool - a tool Convert D2 Roms for use on D2G

healy1818

Reaction score
ok. sounds good. if you could post your findings on here it would be greatly appreciated. thanks a whole bunch. i am getting a new D2G shipped to me because my charger port is barely working, with my new one I will root it and get a complete copy of the software on the stock D2G and I will be able to compare more closely. I'll post anything I find on here.

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Before anybody waste's their time...I've compared them side by side...The files in the Romer are the different ones...

I have MD5 sum compared every single file between D2 Fission and D2G Fission...It was not fun, and was very time consuming...based on all those comparisons, I put together the Romer...I've even gone so far as to decompile the /system/framework files and compare those between D2 and D2G...The frameworks are very different.

I'm convinced that the sensors cause a reboot because of one of the two following reasons...

1)The D2G kernel interfaces differently than the D2 Kernel with the sensor file...The two sensor files are similar, but D2 includes a "gestures" file which is not in the D2G...These are not so much touch gestures more proximity and accelerometer gestures...

2)The Sensors file communicates differently with the frameworks files, between the D2 and the D2G...

The best solution...Build from scratch based on Stock Moto-Blur...Or help Bikedude880 get a booting AOSP. :(

rockshox

Reaction score
I agree mostly with buryboi on this. I've spent quite a few hours in the last couples weeks basically doing the same thing he did with the comparisons, making sure something wasn't missed in the romer and no luck. From looking at it I believe the problem is in the Framework. I created my own custom compilation rom removing all D2 sensor files and using D2G sensor files (along with /system/lib) pulled from D2G stock, was able to make it boot and still received the soft reboot.

You can also check out the Fission 2.4.3 rom, and you'll notice Angdroid wipes the Framework folder on your phone as part of the install script then copies in the Fission Framework and the Apps and that's basically it. He doesn't touch /system/lib (except one keyboard file) or the sensors file from stock.

The only thing I have not tried..and am now thinking about it as I type this, is using Fissions framework, since we know it does work with the rest of the stock files in /system....and sensors work...hum...

healy1818

Reaction score
Ok, this is kinda confusing to me as I am not a dev and I do not know specifically how these ROMs are created. Now if the kernal is a possible problem, couldnt the D2 kernal be taken out of the Liberty ROM and just have the D2G kernal put in it instead. And if the frameworks are a possible problem, couldnt the frameworks folder in the ROM just be completely wiped clean of all the D2 files and just replaced with stock D2G files? I just am trying to figure out why we cant take all the D2 folders and files out and jsut replace them with the D2G folders and files. Essentially folder swaps out of the ROM before we even install it.

If it has to do with coding of the ROM and how it finds the files, that would make sense as to why we cant just do folder swapping. I want to help as much as possible. I think we can def do this.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If only it was that easy...... The reason we dont have true roms is because of the locked bootloader (which also prevents what you were saying). Moto has infused blur into the kernel so that we have to have some small part of it otherwise it doesnt work right. The framework files that you refered to wiping is where all of the skinning is done. If you replaced them with the stock ones then you would just end up on blur again and that pretty much defeats the whole point.

healy1818

Reaction score
ok that makes sense so unfortunately a rewrite of the frameworks and figuring out the kernal is mainly our issue perhaps. i hope i am understanding this all correctly. hmmm any suggestions on what i could compare of the files of the ROM and D2G?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Lawless there is an entire thread dedicated to using the romer with liberty 2 :D

The Walker

Reaction score
camera issues

Im running liberty 2.0.1 and my camera app force closes everytime I try to open it. I have no clue as to what's causing it. Any help would be appreiciated.

Sent from D2G

The Walker

Reaction score
No. Im not using a theme. I did use the hc theme earlier before fixing my 3g issue, but I got rid of it before I had a chance to use my camera or even notice it may have been broken

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Try installing the blur camera out of the toolbox. Its better than the aosp one anyways.

Uninstall camera
Download blur camera from toolbox (under addons)
Go to Liberty > addons and rename blurcamera.systemapk to blurcamera.apk
Install and enjoy.

Tell me if that fixes it

Sent from my Liberated D2G

The Walker

Reaction score
I got the free version and don't see an add on option. I looked under every category and menus. Ill look again.