Apple in-ear headphones ($79 ones) with Droid?

mrdeeno

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm new here and haven't quite gotten my Droid yet (it's en route and should be at my house Monday or Tuesday). I currently have an iPhone that I'm sick of it (works fine, but as a geek, I'm sick of how simple and restrictive it is and how AT&T service sucks) which is why I'm going to eat the ETF ($90 prorated) and get the Droid.

I have a question concerning the headphone jack. I have the $79 headphones from Apple that have the volume and pause/next/prev. button and mic. Even with the iPhone 3G I have, these headphones aren't fully compatible (volume doesn't work, but mic and pause/next/prev. works). Anyone know if this would work with the Droid? I'm sure the audio would work, but what about volume and mic?

Mic should work, play/pause might work but I seriously doubt any of the other functions will work.

This is one of the few things I miss about my storm, if you hold the vol+ button down it goes to next track. Why hasn't anyone else figured this out yet!? This allows switching tracks with gloves on and saves a huge amount of battery.

Hopefully someone will come out with an app or maybe google will figure it out.

If those headphones don't work out for you I would look into the Shure sets, great sound, best fitting buds (they use ear plugs) and you can include/add this which allows you to have a mic on any set of headphones:
link
mpa-2b-k-efs.jpg

No... I just tried the combination, and the volume controls Do Not work with the DROID, though the mic does.

Additionally: The DROID has a pretty powerful output stage, so it drives most earspeakers well, including these.

The Apple (dual driver) IEM works fine if you're seeking an extremely neutral sound, but they're a poor choice if you're after something a bit more lively/fun sounding.

If you primarily listen to pop/rock/rnb/hiphop, look elsewhere, because the Apple units aren't well suited for these genres IMO.

Happy DROIDing​

Thanks for the answers, guys.

Does anyone know if there are earbuds for the droid that provides some kind of similar functionality? Volume control i don't really care about since the Apple earbuds don't work with my iPhone anyway, but what about next track and pause function?

I have some previously hacked iPhone earbuds (replaced the earbuds with the marshmallow ones) and I was able to pause songs only. As far as the mic goes, mine didn't work; I could only hear the caller.

I wonder why they didn't bundle any buds. I know it won't be any good, but a free set with the phone is always nice. Sorry to go off topic!

I wonder why they didn't bundle any buds. I know it won't be any good, but a free set with the phone is always nice. Sorry to go off topic!
I agree. For $200, they could have at least bundled it with a Mic/earbud set like the ones thats included with the iPhones and BlackBerrys.

I have yet to find anything that works 100%, so I'm still searching.

Back