Apps disappearing

smegoul

Reaction score
I don't know if this is related to the Droid3 or OS 2.3.4.
Every other day or so I loose an app. It's gone from my system for no reason I can find.
This morning I tried to open DropBox and it said the app was gone. I had just used it last night.
Like I said this has been happening since I got the Droid3.
This particular app was on the SD card. (I have an SD-ext but this app was on the "internal SD card")
Anyone run into this? Droid3 or OS problem?
Phil

kilowatt

Reaction score
I've seen the same thing. With apps installed in internal storage if I shutdown and restart some of my apps are missing. If i look in Market/My Apps they show at the bottom of the list but not as installed. If I power off and back on they are back but then some others are missing. I moved all my apps back onto the phone memory and this behavior stopped. Anyone have a solution that allows the apps to be installed in the internal storage?

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I have about 16 games stored in media storage(phone not SD card) and none of mine have disappeared. The only time I had an issue was one time I noticed several of the shortcuts missing off a home screen, but they were still in the app drawer so I was able to easily add them back to the home screen. This happened after having my Droid3 hooked up to my laptop in USB storage mode.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I'm still getting this every so often. I'm really only noticing it on games, and it is causing progress on that gave to be lost :(.

I've tried moving everything to phone storage just to see if it still happens. The items that were doing it, as far as I can tell, had been moved to the internal SD Card type storage. Not by my own doing, but on their own.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This happened to me too when I first got my Droid, but then with the Go Launcher EX update, it's stopped happening. So, no idea why it's going on for sure.

alvericko

Reaction score
im having the same problem does anybody have an answer o solution?

Reaction score
If the app is disappearing then the app is not compatible with being on your SD card. Some apps don't work there even if Android or a third party moving app reports that it can be moved. Move the app back to your main memory is the only solution until the programmer fixes it.

kilowatt

Reaction score
These same apps worked fine in SD memory on my Droid 1. If I power off and back on they are back and work fine on my Droid 3. But some other apps will now seem to be missing. Each power fail it is different apps missing and the number missing varies also. Occasionally they are all there.

Reaction score
These same apps worked fine in SD memory on my Droid 1. If I power off and back on they are back and work fine on my Droid 3. But some other apps will now seem to be missing. Each power fail it is different apps missing and the number missing varies also. Occasionally they are all there.

Faulty SD card or SD card slot perhaps?

kilowatt

Reaction score
It's not really an SD card it's the internal Memory partition that mounts as /sdcard also called "Media area". I would suspect my phone memory had a problem if I were the only one seeing this.

If you bring up "Manage Apps" and then select the Media area tab, all apps shown can be moved to this area of the internal memory. Pick an app select move to media area and it is now installed in this partition. Move enough apps here and I think you will start to see the same behavior.

Moving apps worked fine on the Droid 1. Of course they moved to the SDcard since there was not as much built in flash memory.

Since the apps load into a 2MB partion by default there is probably no real need to move them to Media area (sdcard) on the Droid 3. Unless of course you install a very large number of apps.