Are you serious? No hands free voice dialing?

Gadget_Queen

Reaction score
Really? A smart phone that isn't so smart. So no hands free voice dialing from my bluetooth? Bluetooth has been out for how many year? And the latest, coolest, fastest mobile phone doesn't offer an application or widget for hands free? I guess I'll have to dial and get in a car crash? HMMMMMM

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Why would you need bluetooth voice dialing on a phone , when it already has a metal detector and live wallpapers ?

Droids

Reaction score
Why would you need bluetooth voice dialing on a phone , when it already has a metal detector and live wallpapers ?
LOL, heh

Hopefully the hands free BT dialing will be included in 2.2.

We can hope, it is long overdue.

In the meantime you have the metal detector and the tri-coder. Now if only the metal detector warned you of other metal approaching at high speed...

maf113

Reaction score
You must be dreaming

LOL, heh

Hopefully the hands free BT dialing will be included in 2.2.

We can hope, it is long overdue.

In the meantime you have the metal detector and the tri-coder. Now if only the metal detector warned you of other metal approaching at high speed...

Probably not. But you will have JIT and USB Tethering and probably some more Eye candy. These are far more important than providing an OS that performs as advertised.
Quote from Verizon web site in describing the Droid:
Bluetooth® v2.1 + EDR Supported Profiles: Headset (HSP), Hands–free (HFP), Stereo Audio, Phonebook Access

Can you access your phone book from your bluetooth device?? And don't tell me about programs like Voice Dialer HF. If you can voice dial while your phone is 10 feet away by simply pressing the BT device button than you pass the test. If not please do not tell me about some app that requires you to touch the phone each time you want to use the BT device. That is not hands free and not Bluetooh V2.1 compliant.

As for myself, I have waited long enough. None of the work arounds provide me with the capabilites I want and need. My only other option is to go back to a (I hate to say it) Windows Mobile device.

I don't understand how Motorola, Google and Verizon can't seem to get something that even the most basic phones have, to work on one of the most advanced phone today. This has to be one of the largest clusterF*$@s ever in the industry.

OP
Gadget_Queen

Gadget_Queen

Reaction score
Horay MAF113! Somebody finally gets it. The most basic feature! Right?!

Did you see one of the posts in reply that said there are no laws against mobile phones in PA? Wow, maybe he's one of the engineers who designed the droid with no BT capability? He worded it just like a politician too but I think it was deleted. Ok so No; there is not a law against using a mobile phone while driving. Just make sure its not in your hand and that you don't EVER steer your eyes off the road just to push a button, That one second could be fatal and yes, illegal.
"Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Wilkes-Barre, Erie and Allentown have banned cell phone use by drivers unless a hands-free attachment is in use.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This from an email just last Sat from VZW..
VZW said:
Verizon Wireless is committed to providing quality customer service. As a reflection of my commitment to you, I attempted to call you to discuss your device features. Unfortunately, I was only able to leave a voicemail.

At this time, the Bluetooth Voice Dialing feature is not available in the 2.1 version of the Android Operating System your device is using. I apologize for the inconvenience. I can understand that you would want this feature as more and more states are requiring that you use a hands free device when using your phone while driving. It has been a popular feature that has been requested for the Android devices that we offer. Google, the developer of the Android Operating System, has mentioned that it plans to include Bluetooth Voice Dialing in the 2.2 version of Android. We cannot confirm this, as they have not officially announced Android 2.2 yet. You are welcome to contact them directly at the Google Help website to let them know that you would like to see this feature included.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your device features. Please contact Google to let them know that you want Bluetooth Voice Dialing as part of your device. Please feel free to reply if you have additional question. Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Thank god at least rumors are surfacing, I hope they include it so everyone can stop complaining about it already!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
HaHaHa... yes still rumor, but that's a bold statement that was made in saying that 'Google' itself had stated that they planned to add the bluetooth voice dialing... hopefully it becomes reality in the next couple days... date is what this VZW supervisor left on my Droid...lmao

OP
Gadget_Queen

Gadget_Queen

Reaction score
2.2 May Have BT voice dialing

I really like the Htc Incredible, it's faster, intelligent and offers everything that IPhone offers but better. Should I return the Incredible before my 30 days are up in hopes that the 2.2 version comes out soon? What if IPhone comes out with 4G in July/August as rumored? I am out of contract and a free agent. If I return the Incredible there is a 99% chance I will buy the 4G Iphone. Does verizon really want to lose that income?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Horay MAF113! Somebody finally gets it. The most basic feature! Right?!

Did you see one of the posts in reply that said there are no laws against mobile phones in PA? Wow, maybe he's one of the engineers who designed the droid with no BT capability? He worded it just like a politician too but I think it was deleted. Ok so No; there is not a law against using a mobile phone while driving. Just make sure its not in your hand and that you don't EVER steer your eyes off the road just to push a button, That one second could be fatal and yes, illegal.
"Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Wilkes-Barre, Erie and Allentown have banned cell phone use by drivers unless a hands-free attachment is in use.

Amen.. Im right outsie Philly and I personally hate seeing people on the phone driving. Especially sitting at a green light, hesitating on turns then decides to go straight.. ahhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Droids

Reaction score
I really like the Htc Incredible, it's faster, intelligent and offers everything that IPhone offers but better. Should I return the Incredible before my 30 days are up in hopes that the 2.2 version comes out soon? What if IPhone comes out with 4G in July/August as rumored? I am out of contract and a free agent. If I return the Incredible there is a 99% chance I will buy the 4G Iphone. Does verizon really want to lose that income?
We will know on the 19th or 20th if Android 2.2 supports hands free dialing. I'm thinking it won't. I can't think of anything more important for Google to fix, but it likely won't happen just yet.

At some point after the release of 2.2, the Incredible will get it, so that alone is no reason to return it now.

No one knows if iPhone 4 will be 4G, I seriously doubt it.

OP
Gadget_Queen

Gadget_Queen

Reaction score
26 Days and counting before I return Incredible

Google, Verizon, create an app that is really hands free voice dialing that works completely and entirely with BT on my present purchased phone. Why make me wait and risk losing $$$ over the next 2 years. What if this forum starts an onslaught of returning Droids, what if aT&T comes out with a BT driven 4G Iphone? Why take that chance?

MrC1122

Reaction score
not trying to rain on anyones parade, but back in jan. when i got my droid i called verizon on this issue and they directed me to motorola. motorola told me that this issue would be addressed in the upcoming udate (2.1) that was due out feb. 11th, well needless to say the update didn't come out til almost the end of mar. and didn't address the issue.(although we did get excellent 3D rendering in the photo gallery) all i'm saying is don't bet on the update addressing the issue or even the release date, in the meantime try to figure out how to configure your phones gps to warn u when u are about to get fubarbed from an oncoming vehicle because u have to press a button on the phone to make a call... ;-)