AT&T Confirms Pre-Orders for the Google Nexus 6 Start Tomorrow (Wednesday Nov. 12th)

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Why wouldn't they let him buy it? What he wants to do with the phone is none of their business. All he really has to say is "it's a gift for so and so" and he can walk right out with the phone.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Good point Stig. However, I thought tomorrow was just for preorders? Or does that only apply with AT&T.

S5 tap'n

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
PC. I'd happily pay that bet... I do hope ya get one...
The reason I say most folks walking in and buying a phone in store for is bc you will be asked for account and plan even when buying outright...from their view on limited stock they will want their customers buying phone not someone looking to use outside of t-mobile

M8 tap'd

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Now the other question, will the Nexus 6 have carrier branding from these folks? If they are making one phone that goes on all networks, seems we might have a chance to not put their normal stamp on the back?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just placed my order with At&t through the website, guess they went up early.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Their excuse is weak....that's never stopped other carriers.

S5 tap'n

I understand that being why they are not selling today but they could still do pre orders (ie At&t). In fact pre-orders would better allow you to determine inventory.

This makes me wonder how far Motorola is really behind on stocking vs the creation of demand. Considering they knew well in advanced they were creating a nexus, even if they did not think it would be successful they should have had at least a quarter to a half of last years Nexus 5 sales produced. Considering the Moto X 2014 and Droid Turbo both had enough stock to meet demand, with the Moto X 2014 being available on all carriers as well, I find it hard press to believe Motorola failed to provide enough to feel the demand, especially since the phone is just a larger Moto X. I highly doubt Motorola, even the newly Lenovo owned Motorola, would be this ill prepared to handle the demand. And we are talking about the demand of the 1% that care about a nexus not the larger percent that care about galaxy or iPhone devices. This leads me to think something more is happening behind the scene. Either they found a flaw in some of the units they had ready for shipping and are having to fix it or they are acting on the orders of Google and are trying to build a demand to try and help boost awareness and sales. Problem is this could back fire if that is the case. The 1% who know what a nexus is will wait, like I am willing to wait for a 64gb version even if I do not get one on opening week, but those who heard about the nexus 6 buzz but not vested may end up walking out with a Note 4, Droid Turbo, or a Moto X that they can customize via motomaker. Be interesting to see how this play out.

Reactions: cr6

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just thought of a way they could market this device. Since the new hunger games movie is coming up they could have people fighting to the death for a chance to order the phone.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
No 64gb version and no Microsd? Not happening.

I guess that would be just fine though if you used your phone as a phone instead a catch-all device.