[Auto] Root and Unroot for HTC Thunderbolt!

Is this a one click root or is it similar to fryetech's simi- auto root program?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I just downloaded this and read the batch script. It well written and It pretty much does the same thing just written in a batch script instead.. However I haven't tested it..

I'm going to be rooting my brother's thunderbolt tomorrow and was thinking of trying this one, but I think ill stick with your program

Is this a one click root or is it similar to fryetech's simi- auto root program?

I just downloaded this and read the batch script. It well written and It pretty much does the same thing just written in a batch script instead.. However I haven't tested it..

DroidXcon here,,,,, thanks fryetech. i have added a couple things to the batch file and and posted a newer version up in my original thread

[Auto] Root and Unroot (Windows)**Updated**4/20 - Android Forums

if you could take a look id appreciate any feed back, the biggest problem i am having is maintaining connection, for some reason peoples connections fall out in the middle of the the process and things wont get written. i think there are multiple instances of adb.exe happening aswell.

So with the latest batch i put commands to kill server . i even have adb devices loop until a connection is made.

i tried to look at your method originally but i had no idea what i was looking at so thats when i decided to write my own.

lockman

@ flooritnfly, download sms backup & restore from the market. It's free with a donation button. Works perfectly, runs quick.

Carrier pigeon-ed from my Galaxy S Tab

OP
N

nmsystms

Ummmm.....soo.....really stupid question. (But I'd rather ask it then be a moron and screw my TB up).

On the original post page it says the root will wipe all data on TB... How do I back up everything on my phone first? I do not want to lose my apps (well mainly the ones I paid for), contacts, txts, etc. So just a simple copy/paste of the sd card contents to my pc?? Or is there some other/better way?

Any other "prep work" to do before starting the whole process?

Sorry, I just really don't wanna brick this $600 machine. I am tech-savvy, but a rookie with Android (since 3/17/11) and have never rooted before.

There is an app to back up your text messages, can't recall the name but if u do a search I'm sure you'll find it

Original app:

SMS Backup

Modified app to include MMS:
SMS Backup +

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Glad it helped...Now in case you are wondering why....windows 7 as default hides extensions of known file types...that makes it xxxxxx.zip.zip so it doesn't work....

tsitalon1

Made a stupid mistake.....

After rooting and installing BAMF 1.5, I accidentilly installed the signed RUU update and of course lost root. :)

I'm at work and can't try right now, but does anyone know if this auto root method works with the new signed RUU update?

James9109

Do I really need the HTC sync drivers? I already have adb set up for my tbolt when I tried and failed the manual root.

Goodkat

Just finished...worked great! Freaked a tiny bit when the HTC logo stayed around too long a couple times, but it all worked flawlessly. Thanks~!

mass300

Does this automatically re-install google apps because in prior scenarios in the past with my OGD I always had to include Google apps if I was going to be wiping my data completely; can't reinstall some apps w/o the market.

rkeene

Do I need to set up ADB before running this?

Sent from my soon to be less battery sucking Thunderbolt...

Will this method work if I am on stock tbolt now and just received the ota software update? Also, when I rooted moto droid x, I wiped it I think, so this isn't much different correct?:icon_ banana: excited to try this.

DROID11

I am definitely going to give this a try. My tbolt is starting to slow down and seems very buggy lately. The connectivity has been very disappointing ever since the 4g outage I have noticed substantially slower speeds, and it bounces between LTE/EVDO/1xRTT worse than ever before. Was going to wait for Unrevoked to come out with a one click root, but this will work just fine!

Now I just need to find the best rom, kernel combo. I loved cm7 RC 2 with inkredikernel on my droid incredible, so I hope cm launches cm7 stable for the tbolt soon!

Last edited:

soulripp

This is probably the best root method i have seen for the thunderbolt. Thx a bunch for this and if u can't root with this method then you need to kill yourself