[Auto] Root for OSX

jimmyk1775

Reaction score
hey guys dont forget its 800 meg file ... so alot depends on YOUR bandwith ..

msuperbauer

Reaction score
I hate to be the pain in the arse here, lol.. BUT! I did the download, opened up terminal and did the cd Desktop, then when I go to do the cd thunderbolt portion, I get " No such file or directory"?? What am I missing?

OP
R

ryann

Reaction score
I hate to be the pain in the arse here, lol.. BUT! I did the download, opened up terminal and did the cd Desktop, then when I go to do the cd thunderbolt portion, I get " No such file or directory"?? What am I missing?

When you download the thunderbolt folder make sure to move it to your desktop. From downloads right click it, show in finder, and drag it to the desktop.

jimmyk1775

Reaction score
thanks ryann, msuperbauer you have to follow the directions on the video to the letter. hate to be a smartbutt but that is on thing he did say . not to mention it was on his desktop... take your time dont rush or skip anything... as i am a noob also . i watch the video 4 times and paused it through the process to make sure i had it right. good luck and happy rooting

msuperbauer

Reaction score
thanks ryann, msuperbauer you have to follow the directions on the video to the letter. hate to be a smartbutt but that is on thing he did say . not to mention it was on his desktop... take your time dont rush or skip anything... as i am a noob also . i watch the video 4 times and paused it through the process to make sure i had it right. good luck and happy rooting

I understand following directions to a "T" an expert I am not, but this is my 3rd droid phone and my others were rooted.. this ones just different than the Motorola's I had in the past (significantly)... That file is on my desktop, I'm going to try again,
:icon_ banana:

DrewB

Reaction score
yup im p***ed about that i just lost root by accident (long story) and now i wanted to do this method again but the instructions are gone

OP
R

ryann

Reaction score
Jefftech7(Fryetech) keeps removing his videos and deleting his youtube accounts. No clue why but there is a very simple way using terminal. There is a tutorial from a guy in android central.