Awful Battery Life Now

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I've done a cache wipe, suppressed apps, and tried to vary charge cycles. Not even 2 hours of SOT and battery is not even at 12 hour intervals which is atrocious.
fb03a914086f5b6d48ee1e3e9f4f658d.jpg

What else could I do at this stage? Phone is only at 1 year+1month of use. This is on Wifi, which the worst part was on the previous cycle I had it charged up to 90% at 10:30 PM the night before, this morning at 8 AM, down to 51 percent with no screen on time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You could try this. Charge it on the OEM factory charger all night so it gets to 100% and stays there for over 30 minutes after 100%. Then in the morning, first thing off the charger do a forced reboot.....hold the power button for 7+ seconds until the phone shuts down Let go and it will reboot and recalibrate the battery meter. Repeat the next day and see if anything improves.

Second thing...when you tap that graph in your screen shot, and can see the History Details screen, what does it look like? Anything keeping the phone awake a lot?

Sent From My Galaxy Tab Using Tapatalk

OP
jpiarull

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
You could try this. Charge it on the OEM factory charger all night so it gets to 100% and stays there for over 30 minutes after 100%. Then in the morning, first thing off the charger do a forced reboot.....hold the power button for 7+ seconds until the phone shuts down Let go and it will reboot and recalibrate the battery meter. Repeat the next day and see if anything improves.

Second thing...when you tap that graph in your screen shot, and can see the History Details screen, what does it look like? Anything keeping the phone awake a lot?

Sent From My Galaxy Tab Using Tapatalk
I'll certainly try that workaround.

Detail info:
6a2831a2f52b8356cd86e2e5792e518c.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The cause is the system is staying awake the entire time, even during prolonged screen off periods. It may benefit to do a clearing of the system cache, but you may ultimately need to do a factory days reset.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was just getting ready to comment and FoxKat beat me to it. That solid green line next to Awake means that an app / process is keeping the phone awake always. That's what is killing your battery.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here is what mine looks like as a comparison. Notice how the Awake line is similar to the Screen On a line. My phone is sleeping a lot when the screen is off, nothing is keeping it awake when it should not be.

uploadfromtaptalk1461809494179.png

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just noticed that Facebook is # 4 on your first pic. I would be willing to bet that the Facebook app is keeping your phone awake all the time and chewing through your battery.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just noticed that Facebook is # 4 on your first pic. I would be willing to bet that the Facebook app is keeping your phone awake all the time and chewing through your battery.

Probably notifications of it constantly sniffing for changes. Might be a data hog as well if it's polling frequently.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

DroidT

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
I've done a cache wipe, suppressed apps, and tried to vary charge cycles. Not even 2 hours of SOT and battery is not even at 12 hour intervals which is atrocious.
fb03a914086f5b6d48ee1e3e9f4f658d.jpg

What else could I do at this stage? Phone is only at 1 year+1month of use. This is on Wifi, which the worst part was on the previous cycle I had it charged up to 90% at 10:30 PM the night before, this morning at 8 AM, down to 51 percent with no screen on time.

After trying what in the replies was suggested, it's useful not to have a 4g always active! Then, check the settings of connection; the voice "global" drains a lot the battery.

OP
jpiarull

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
After trying what in the replies was suggested, it's useful not to have a 4g always active! Then, check the settings of connection; the voice "global" drains a lot the battery.
That's something I've been experimenting with too. Sometimes using LTE/CDMA produces undesirable results in my area in 08807. Also I've noticed using 5G WiFi has been extremely reliable over 2.4 gHz band in my house (probably helps having an ASUS AC3100, beastly router in all senses of the word.)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Several times FB has released an update that destroyed battery life. They are usually quick to fix it. Happened to me once. I removed it. Waited a week or so, and reinstalled. They release updates very frequently.

cyberlizard

Reaction score
I had a similar power drain issue recently (as well as no flashlight), so in desperation, I went thru a series of FDR's (5 to be exact) over a two-day period. After each FDR I would try eliminating different apps, use settings, etc, looking to both get my flashlight function back and get good battery life. Eventually I stumbled across something that gave me both my flashlight and some crazy good battery life - the screenshot below is after being over 2 days off charge (though not much screen time over that period). BTW, I'm not using any crazy battery save settings - I'm still on high accuracy GPS, getting notifications for all the apps that I need, etc. I'm just thrilled to have my "old Turbo" back. My suggestion would be to try the FDR route and load only what you really need at that moment, then add apps and features back in as you need them - it should help trace down what is eating up your power.
Screenshot_2016-05-15.png

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I had a similar power drain issue recently (as well as no flashlight), so in desperation, I went thru a series of FDR's (5 to be exact) over a two-day period. After each FDR I would try eliminating different apps, use settings, etc, looking to both get my flashlight function back and get good battery life. Eventually I stumbled across something that gave me both my flashlight and some crazy good battery life - the screenshot below is after being over 2 days off charge (though not much screen time over that period). BTW, I'm not using any crazy battery save settings - I'm still on high accuracy GPS, getting notifications for all the apps that I need, etc. I'm just thrilled to have my "old Turbo" back. My suggestion would be to try the FDR route and load only what you really need at that moment, then add apps and features back in as you need them - it should help trace down what is eating up your power.
View attachment 76357
Can you elaborate on what exactly you "stumbled upon" which gave you such great battery life?

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
I'll certainly try that workaround.

Detail info:
6a2831a2f52b8356cd86e2e5792e518c.jpg

My phone was very hot yesterday afternoon.

After I took it off the charger (factory one) this morning, it was still not. Checked the phone two hours later and it went from full charge to 30%

Not sure what the issue is. Did not load any new apps