Back to stock

Nedaroth

Reaction score
My wife's droid went nuts on her, stuff keeps droping off her sd card, even files that were backed up now install as if it was a clean install and nothing saved. All backup roms are gone as well.

Is there any way to get it back to stock for warrenty replacement?

beejaycee

Reaction score
Our 2 phones have been rooted almost since we got them in February so I'm not sure what stock should currently be - 2.1? Anyway, one of the phones might be going out so I've flashed the 2.01 stock file (using the instructions in the link above) to remove root in case we have to turn it in.

The problem is that I think there is another, later version that the phone should have. I've tried checking for software updates through Settings>About phone>System updates" but it tells me that I am current. Is there a later software and, if so, how should I get it now?

erikfig

Reaction score
You can return the phone with the 2.0.1 software because that update was optional. As long as the phone is not rooted any more, you don't have to worry about it.

beejaycee

Reaction score
First - thanks for the help you guys have given.
Second - HELP! :) Just kidding. I've rolled back to the 2.01 software but the software seems 'incomplete.'

The onscreen keyboard is missing - no option to select it. This phone used Swype before all of this started and I expected that to be gone but now NO keyboards are available in Settings. I downloaded SwiftKey Beta for now.

The screen no longer locks. I press the power button and the screen goes dark. But I can press either the power or camera button for it to come back on. The screen mode widget is set for it to lock. Maybe there is something somewhere else I'm missing.

It's likely we are going to a Verizon store this morning and have them re-flash the software and see if that helps. The working phone is my baby and it makes me crazy that my baby's phone doesn't work! :) Life is hard when you can't experience all that Droid goodness! dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First - thanks for the help you guys have given.
Second - HELP! :) Just kidding. I've rolled back to the 2.01 software but the software seems 'incomplete.'

The onscreen keyboard is missing - no option to select it. This phone used Swype before all of this started and I expected that to be gone but now NO keyboards are available in Settings. I downloaded SwiftKey Beta for now.

The screen no longer locks. I press the power button and the screen goes dark. But I can press either the power or camera button for it to come back on. The screen mode widget is set for it to lock. Maybe there is something somewhere else I'm missing.

It's likely we are going to a Verizon store this morning and have them re-flash the software and see if that helps. The working phone is my baby and it makes me crazy that my baby's phone doesn't work! :) Life is hard when you can't experience all that Droid goodness! dancedroid

I'd try doing a factory data reset from your privacy section. That should restore everything the way it was.

beejaycee

Reaction score
I'd try doing a factory data reset from your privacy section. That should restore everything the way it was.

Well, sprinkle me with raisins and call me cookie 'cause that worked! Thanks for saving me at least ONE trip to the Verizon store.:)

pappy53

Reaction score
I rooted and installed Eclipse yesterday. I would like to return to bone stock. I have RSD Lite installed. What else do I need and where do I find them (that is not a bad link)? I was on the official .902 update. Thanks for any help!

BTW: I am using Safestrap. I went to my unsafe system(stock), and now it won't let me back to Eclipse. I says that it cannot restore data.

Imprezive

Reaction score
Best results ive had was using rsd lite 5.6. And the..902 fzx file. Make sure in fastboot and have all your drivers installed. It may take a couple times for rsd to work. So dont get discouraged.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

pappy53

Reaction score
Did that, and it took me to a site that says only the person that uploaded can download. Tried one on xda, and Chrome nor IE9 can open the site.